Princeton Tec Shockwave II question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jamdiver:
Phil, I think it's a shockwave II, the manual says so as does the labelling on the light itself.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/Jamdiver/Posts/Princetontec1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/Jamdiver/Posts/princetontec2.jpg

That is the shockwave II right? I mean it's not a re-labeled Shockwave I?
I'll be honest and say that I'm wondering if I was sold something else instead..

Don't want this thread to devolve into something else from what my original query was, but I bought it in person at Leisure Pro.

Diver69 when the switch is turned all the way to the right, the switch lock won't engage, possibly indicating that this is the ON (II) position?

BTW, I have a backup a Princeton tec40, uncomplicated and works fine :D

That is, in fact, a Shockwave II. It should be quite easy to determine the two difference settings. Simply pull the switch to the right until the first click. This is the 7.5 watt setting. Press further to the right and the second click is the 15 watt setting. If you cannot do this, something is wrong. By the way, the difference in the light output of these two setting is considerable. You should easily detect the difference. If you are in the United States and have any further questions, give me a phone call. I'll even pay for the call. (800) 601-DIVE. Thanks.

Phil Ellis
Dive Sports Online
www.divesports.com
(800) 601-DIVE

Thanks Phil for your kind offer.
The switch works ok, i.e. leftmost position is off, middle position is ON (7.5 watt setting) and what I thought was off is actually supposed to be the second on position (15 watt setting).

I've pretty much realised now that the high setting (15 watt setting) bulb is blown or non-functioning for some reason.
Next time i'm in the states, i'll have it looked at/repaired.

Oh and diver69 you're correct the only position where the switch lock can engage is in the off position.
Still mystified as to how the bulb blew as i've sparingly used it since getting it, haven't even dove with yet.

I heard that some lights should only be turned on underwater because the high heat produced from the light would cause the bulb to burn prematurely. Not sure if this is the case with your light. But I would resist using the light on dry land as much as possible.

By the sound of it, the bulb was probably defective when you bought it in the first place. When my bulb burned, it gave off a very strong and dsitinct odour (chemical burning smell), and if I take a good sniff of the light, I can still smell it. So, if you burned the bulb after your purchase, I am sure you would have noticed. I also had a bit of burn and smoke mark in the reflector.

Good luck with the new bulb.

Diver69

Back
Top Bottom