Pro-Dive Cairns

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

twhi,
I just looked on their site. WOW! looks great. The minke whale dive especially. Will look for your review on your northern dive trip.

thanks
tarzana

Just got back from doing the 3-day/2-night AOW liveaboard with ScubaPro.

Pros:
Great people, They were able/willing to let me hop in their pool the day before the trip to try out a new BC I was bringing with me, even though I called at the last minute about it.

Good boat
Good food
Equipment seems in good repair
Hard to beat the price

Cons:
The AOW is mostly self-taught. Read the book (that you'll get when you sign in the day before the trip), and complete the review section. The instructor will go over the right answers (or give you the answers) and do a brief dive briefing before the dive.

Dive sites were sometimes a bit eh. Not bad, but eh. You'll be at the same reefs as the Silver Series of fast day boats are at, although the boats will be on different parts of the reef (or they were for me).

Ive done the Quick Silver day trips from Port Douglas/Cairns, Tusa from Cairns day trip, and for liveabards the Pro dive, spirit of freedom and taka.

Day trips from Cairns/Port douglas I would go with Quick silver.

If you want to stay near Cairns and have three days then do the Pro dive. If you want the cod hole etc I would reccomend spirit of freedom and taka dive.

Been with pro dive this year (1st liveaboard I've been on - so I don't have a huge amount to compare with). Crew was great (one person had a 'different' personality, but once you got to understand him - all was fine) - the rest were fantastic right from the word go. (They have 3 boats so lots of crew. I can only comment on the ones I was with.)
IMO - Best value for money/ bang for your buck. (We were going to go twice, until "something" came up).
Figured that 2 x 3 days and 2 nights equalling total 6 days was better than paying same price for 1 x 4 day 3 nights with others. :D

The reefs we were at seemed alive to me (although, as stated - I haven't been on much at the Barrier Reef. Only this time, and introductary dive / snorkelling day trip back in '97 I think it was)

Cheers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom