Problem with Suunto PC Interface Cable

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use an IOGear GUC232A for serial-to-USB and it works flawlessly with my cobra. I originally bought it for consoling into network switches, but found that I needed it at home after I retired my last desktop with a serial port. The GUC232A can be had for ~$30.00.

Old thread but I thought I'd post up in the new world of Windows 11 you may find your Suunto dive computer won't download anymore. If you find your serial cable immediately fails on download, check to see if you have the driver problem. Right click the Start menu and select device manager. Expand Ports (COM & LPT). If you one of the them notes needing a new driver, download the drive at this link:
Open the zip and run the driver installer. After installation reboot and verify in the device manager that the error is replaced with a Prolific USB to Serial driver.

I use SubSurface as Suunto Dive Manager really never worked reliably and I use a ScubPro tech computer while my kids use Cobras so I also only want to use one logging app that can read from any computer and run on any device.

Back
Top Bottom