ProPlus 2.1 or Veo 3.0

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fusion94

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
trying to decide between the 2 of these.. as they both come recommended from a few friends.
I will be diving nitrox and will almost always be between 70' and 120'... never deeper than 130'... and probabaly fewer than 75 dives a year
I also dont really want to spend the $1200 on a cobalt.
thoughts?

Do you prefer wrist or console mount? If you like a console pick up the ProPlus. If you like wrist mount go with the Veo. That would be my choice aside from buying a Cobalt.

All Oceanic computers work well but I would recommend the Veo3.0

Wrist unit All the Way!!!
-Hands-Free Diving
-Less Expensive
-3 buttons for easy navigation
-Will not out grow, can be used for Tec if you wanted to
-Free Online Class

This is a very popular computer specifically for because of the above reasons.
OCEA-04.3805.16-2T.jpg

VEO 3.0 Wrist Computers

Let me know if I can help you with this!

I have owned the PP2 and Love it. Awesome computer very easy to use and read. Plus I like Air Integrated computers. My G/F also uses one and feels the same. But unltimatly it comes down to whether you like wrist or Console and if you want AI or not. and for 1200.00 look what else is out there a lot of reall really nice computers.

Uemis Zurich one of my favorite computers I don't own yet but will shortly.
Home - uemis - THE UNDERWATER REVOLUTION

Also there is the shearwater predator never used but great reviews and looks awesome.

Mare Icon (Very cool looking but as of right now some un happy customers since they still have not released there AI yet)

I like big screen and big numbers to see. If you are a "bug" hunter, you might not want the wrist if you are concerned about it taking a beating on structure, FWIW.

Nothing worse than trying to hit a button on a small computer with lobster gloves on.

You can't compare the PP2 and the Veo...... 2 different classes of computers.

If you are once going to spend the $ to get a PP2, you might as well get the VT3 w/ transmitter.

With a "trade anything" program, you can get the VT3 COMPLETE, INCLUDING TRANSMITTER, specs here, with Oceanic warranty, (MSRP $ 950) for almost $ 300 off of list and the Pro Plus 2.1 DELUXE with quick disconnect, specs here, (MSRP of $ 800), for $ 250 off of list if you shop around.

You can do the math there....

Send me a PM if you have any questions or if I can help you in any way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom