Protecting what we love.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What a subject to be discussing folks, so many variables, so many opinions and so many damn problems!!!
What is the common problem ,apart from lack of education, that all these issues share?
Government inability to honesty and properly run their individual countries?
I dont know, I am just a dive instructor!!!
But if this is a common problem then doesn´t that mean that the solutions lie within individuals...on a mass scale?
Bruce Lee says it all..."You must go beyond them"
I live in Spain, the biggest shark finning nation in Europe..theres a challenge for a one man band!!!
On a local level with enough passion and drive I am sure we can all make a difference, and a peaceful difference at that!!!
Any solutions to this gigantic problem.Please let me know!!!Very keen to learn!!!

Must agree that within the framework of geologic time, these things matter little (with the possible exception of persistent chemicals that are general biocides and not of natural origin).

Looking at it from an even larger perspective, the cosmological, the Earth will burn to a cinder and the oceans be vaporized when the Sun novas.

Nothing we do will ultimately matter... except to us and our offspring within our own small sliver of time/space. As the environmental poet Gary Snyder once wrote: "Knowing that nothing need be done is where we begin to move from."

Gary Snyder

oooops, I was on total auto pilot, meant to google it, somehow in a matter of seconds I pasted it to quick reply and hit add. Now I can't delete it, LOL.

Back
Top Bottom