Provo Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I goto provo in april and already booked with Fifi. I sure hope I don't get stuck on the little boat.

thanks,
Jared

Tim Ingersoll:
If you are looking for bar-hopping, dance clubs and lots of live music don't go to Provo. There really isn't much night life to speak of. Sorry. If you want great restaurants and good booze then you are on the right track.

I am not a big night life fan. But the food and liquor were top-notch. Try the Turk's Head Amber if you like lager. Also Dimitri at the Aqua (the hotel bar at the Turtle Cove Inn) made an excellent sky-blue martini!

Actually, the reason that I enjoyed Provo was the diving. That was my first tropical experience and it spoiled me as we did most of diving in West Caicos with Provo Turtle Divers. Thanks for reminding me of an excellent diving experience.

Thanks for the nice report, man.

I love that barter arrangement. Even better than Schedule C deductions for scuba journalism.

Bummer about the big boat. IMHO, you're being a very good sport about it.

Thanks,

DocVikingo

IMHO, yes the tour is worth it.

Yes, they have been having regular sightings off GT.

Have fun.

DocVikingo

Unless the big boat is in for work (none scheduled for April) or Fifi is away (not common), you have no worries.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

Is Fifi's big boat spoiling everyone? Doubtless the new boat is more desirable in comparison, and it seems he should let it run if he's not there or at least let people know what to expect. But I was on the little boat before he had the big boat and it didn't seem so bad.

Acutally I'm DolphinDiver but my wife's co-opted the name now I guess. I've got a new handle anyway. I just hope folks don't read the posts where it says "my wife..." because now it says "my husband... " :jawsdown: .

Tim,
Great report. I hadn't remembered the names of all the sites we all went to so now I can add them to my log.

Everyone, the big boat is sooo much nicer. It rides smoother, it's dryer inside, it has a can, it has a fresh water shower, it's easy to get around, etc. But, we all need to ask FiFi to get some more CDs. I like Jimmy Buffet alot but if I have to listen to Margarittaville anytime soon... But, I did like it when he played Purple Haze before we jumped in - kinda got us stoked for the dive.

I'm attaching one of the shots of the eagle ray - it was great, s/he just didn't swim away. I must have been 4 feet away at times. Problem is it was the second dive and I just kind of followed it to 95 feet :nonono: . So my Suunto went into deco too. Only 7 min for me.

BTW, that second pic isn't a zoom-in. I was just even closer. Here's another view.

Thanks for all the feedback guys! As to the boat situation: That big cat is the nicest dive platform I have ever been on. I could grouse about being stuck on the little boat but whats the point? Fifi goes to Miami one or twice a year. If he had told me we were on the little boat ahead of time I still would have dove with him.
As to the music on board. . .somebody please bring Fifi some new CD's. I have been listening to the same bad music for four or five years. It drives me nuts. LOL.

Ooh. I didn't know it was that old. I was sick of it after 5 days. His crew must be really tired of it.

Back
Top Bottom