Puerto Galera next March

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

a full 3mm suit should do you fine. If you are prone to getting chilly, bring along a hooded vest. You will hit a few thermoclines around PG, but nothing that bad.

80 degrees F at 75 fsw
That's what I encountered last Feb. A 3mm suit was adequate.
Puerto Galera is a great choice! :D

thanks everyone for your comments.

I'll get an other wetsuit for that trip.

I just spoke to a friend who dove at Puerto Galera last Feb. He said vis as only about 20 ft. Yikes, I hate that. I have been planning on a Feb trip but am now reconsidering. I asked Action Divers about it and they said 12 to 15 meters was normal. Is that correct? I'm now considering Palau in Feb. My friend did say the stuff he saw was terrific. Just that the vis sucked. Is it worth it? PS Im on Grand Bahama for a dive and I hate these two stupid hurricanes. Up to now I've been allowed one dive in the last 3 days. GRRRRR.
they took us out on the shark dive and I must admit getting back on the boat was a bit thrilling. Nearly ost one diver to the ladder.

I dove PG this past Feb. with just a 3mm wetsuit and was very warm. But, hey, I'm a fat, white guy! In Anilao the local divemasters were freezing and even called a fantastic night dive at Twin Rock coz they were cold after 1hr 15min ...I still had 1000psi.

The vis isn't the best in this area, but the abundance of tropical sealife makes up for that! I encountered something new with every dive I've done in the Anilao/PG area.

Here in Puerto Galera in early March the temp is about 26 degrees so a 5mm suit would be good, or a 3mm suit with hooded vest would be great for flexibility and also something you could use to other destinations. The 7mm is on the thick side and would need a lot of weight.

I personally use a 5mm suit with hooded vest - great if you're a photographer and not swimming around much

Cheers

Rick

3mm shorty with 2mm legs and arms is best suited for PG in the warmer months. I wear a thick sweat shirt if it gets cooler.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom