Puerto Galera photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Still waiting to find out when the resort owners want me to go there. It is dependent on their schedule, although I noticed Continental Airlines does a two week trip involving two of the Atlantis resorts. May combine that with 2-4 weeks elsewhere in the country. I'm tied up here until mid-Sept.

Stunning photos!!! May I ask what set-up you're using?

Thanks Annasea... Sure, I used a canon point and shoot, the Ixy/Ixus 8.

004_canon_ixus_800is_A.jpg

0107_canon_ixus800is_housing.jpg

I went back home via Hong Kong and ended up buying a Canon G9 (with Canon housing) so if anyone wants to buy the camera and housing above I am open to offers :)

They are in the broken corals at 6m right in front of Sabang Beach.

Its about 150m down the shore from Atlantis, turning right as you leave 50 bar. About 50m out from shore - you could easily do it as a shoredive rather than a boat dive...

I would love to do that dive again, my new G9 has manual focus and manual aperature/shutter speed so I would hope to get some much better shots.. their behaviour is pretty predictable - just very very quick!

Thanks Annasea... Sure, I used a canon point and shoot, the Ixy/Ixus 8.
<snip>

Thanks for the info, Geoff. I guess there's hope for me and my (currently strobeless) Canon A720IS after all. :wink:

They are in the broken corals at 6m right in front of Sabang Beach.

Its about 150m down the shore from Atlantis, turning right as you leave 50 bar. About 50m out from shore - you could easily do it as a shoredive rather than a boat dive...

I would love to do that dive again, my new G9 has manual focus and manual aperature/shutter speed so I would hope to get some much better shots.. their behaviour is pretty predictable - just very very quick!

They are also in Small La Laguna, 20-30m straight out from Havana Moon, Mr. Pak.

Baby frogfish

babyfrogfish.jpg

Isn't that a puffer of some description?

Not being awkward, but I have a pic of a bright orange baby frogfish about 3cm long, and it looks just like a mature one except, well, it's small.

I'll see if I can dig it out...

Mmmm you could be right I think. It isn't really the right shape for a frogfish and the curling up of the tail makes me think of how I have seen mature saddled tobies.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom