Puerto Galera question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

parade

New
Reaction score
Hi, new to the board. Hopefully some of you can help me out here. I am planning a last minute, short Philippines dive trip while I am in the region for business early August. Searching around the net and reading some threads on this board, I came to decide that Puerto Galera is a good choice. I do have a few questions.

Being that I am somewhat picky about accomendations, I spent lots of time researching it. I came up with Atlantis and Portofino. Does anyone have any experience with them? I also found Deep Blue Sea Inn. The price is just hard to beat. Any comments?

Other than those, any other recommendations? How about dive operators?

thanks in advance!

We stayed at the Atlantis, it was great. Diver Dennis and I each had two of the four upper suites. Great view from the top, but lots of stairs, 72 I think. Their dive op is top notch, very nice people, and thier food is great. ay Hi to Amy the bartender. And I forget the name of the sweetheart waitress.
btw; Welcome to ScubaBoard, you may want to go over to the introductions forum and say hi.

If you are into the "soft-life" then ATLANTIS is for you.

Atlantis is in Sabang Beach and Portofino is another few minutes away over on Small La Laguna. Perhaps Portofino has a better location but both are among the best options if you are looking for some of the nicer places to stay. Atlantis would be my choice.

I'm going back to Atlantis for 3 weeks in September. Highly recommended. As David said, book one of the Executive Suites, only a couple hundred bucks more per week. Huge rooms and very nicely appointed. The deck is huge and there is an outdoor wet bar. As with most places in the Philippines, Terrific staff. Here are a few pictures.

165138.jpg

152120.jpg

152947.jpg

164943.jpg

Those rooms look nice!! Wow....and I thought I had it good at Sabang Inn executive room.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom