Puerto Vallarta: Chicos vs. Pacific

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would STRONGLY recommend Pacific Scuba. I had a great time with them about 2 weeks ago. Javier was a wonderful guide and showed us areas that the casual diver may not see. He was an excellent dive master and kept the groups close and safe.

He led use through lava tube tunnels. Let each person breath in an air bubble at the entrance of a small cavern. Showed us an awesome ocean inlet near the "snorkler/tourist" beach. Showed us numerous marine life...(octopus, stingray, croaking triggerfish, one isolated nudibranch) He also found my camera that sank 80ft after my giant stride (found it down between rocks...amazing!)

Highy Recommended.

I heard Chico's was more like a cattleboat. I saw this also on my trip. Good to be on a boat with only 6 people...(divers only)

My wife and I just returned from our dive vacation to Puerto Vallarta. We dove with Leslie. Leslie and her family were wonderful to be with. After reading most of the threads here at Scuba Board, we chose to have a private dive master. Some seem to think that is like having a dive babysitter. I think of it as having another dive buddy and a dive tour guide all in one.
On the first day we went to Majahuitos, a wonderful place for beginners like my wife and I (OW cert 12-23-06). Then on the second day we went to Los Arcos - Devils Canyon and Hallow of Christ. On the third day we went back to Los Arcos to the Black Wall then over to Point of Mismaloya. We wanted to go to Marietas Islands, but the currents were a bit strong and vis was about 20 ft. so we decided not to go.
Leslie was great to dive with, a professional all the way, she knew our level of diving and took excellent care to see that we did everything right. She also knows the best places to dive and she is very knowledgeable of the area. Louis was excellent with the boat and handled our equipment with the best of care. When we go back to Puerto Vallarta we Will be sure to dive with Leslie. I would highly recommend her and her dive business for any type of diving. Skipper

I ment to say that on the second day we went to Devils Canyon and Shallow of Christ. (not hallow of Christ) And on the third day we went to Los Arcos Black of the Wall (not Black Wall) However it looked black to me, man is it deep there.

I was in Puerto Vallarta in April for a week and did two days with Pacific and the final day with Leslie and Nacho. Pacific was fine but, on my next trip, I will opt for Leslie. The dives we did to El Morro were outstanding, high energy, lots of current, a dark swim through and enough eels to start a wallet factory!

If you are staying in Neuvo Vallarta and want a dive op who will come to you contact Leslie.

Do you know now you have a very good option to dive with. No catle boat, very knoledge crew, new dive gear, new boat and different options to dive like Nitrox, technical diving and rebreather available. Check out the web page on www.vallartaundersea.com wide knoledge of te local dive sites all around Puerto Vallarta.
Majahuitas is perfect for all kind of divers with depths of 35ft and 180 ft.
Chimo is my favorite place to dive. for experience divers only.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom