Puerto Vallarta Dive Master recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just returned from PV late last night. I dove with Pacific Scuba at Majahuitas, Los Arcos, and Marietas Islas. We saw humpback whales all over the bay, even from the beach at the hotel. On the way out to Islas Marietas we saw both humpbacks and even orcas. That was a little sad, as the orcas come in to the bay to eat the baby humpbacks. Apparently they seperate the baby from the mom and keep it down under until it drowns, then only eat the tongue, as it is the fattiest and most nutritious. Made me want to cry, but that is the way of nature. The weather was beautiful, into the 80s and very sunny. Get a bit of a tan first. I did and was fine, but my friend is pretty burned. And my lips are scorched and peeling. But it was definitely worth it. Diving was great, as was the sun, the city, the people, etc....... I love PV!! And, by the way, Pacific Scuba is a great crew to go with - a small boat with personalized service, friendly, accommodating, serious about diving but guys with a sense of humor. Enjoy yourself, divescubasteve1, and if you go with Pacific Scuba, tell them Nancy from Wisconsin says HI!

Hi everyone - just wanted to share my experience after making a couple dives in PV last week. If looking for a great dive master, Armando from Vallarta Under Sea was terrific! Scuba Diving School Vallarta Under Sea - Escuela de buceo We did two dives together, the highlight of which was a cave dive at 100 ft...mantas, morays and spiders in abundance. Armando not only was great under the water and making sure I was safe AND appreciating all that was around, but on the trip back we saw lots of whales which he was knowledgeable about as well. Highly recommend him if anyone is looking for a skilled and fun dive master!

I just wanted to put in my 2 cents about PV Scuba. Alex is great to deal with, very good communications skills and very helpful and attentive during the dives. I spent two days with PV Scuba in Mid February and will dive with them when I return to PV. Ramses, the second Dive master on board was passionate about diving and worked hard at pointing out all sorts of interesting things. Ever see a river of sand constantly flowing? Incredible! We dove Colomites, a site off the coast of Mismaloya and Los Arcos.

Just got back yesterday from PV diving with Leslie and Nacho. It was a great time and the personal attention was fantastic. We saw whales,a manta, a giant squid, octopii and the biggest turtle I've ever seen, not to mention all the puffers, angelfish and eels.. On a side note, we rescued a seasick pregnant lady, her mom and 3 young kids from a larger boat and got them safely ashore in rough water. This is just to show what kind people Leslie and Nacho are. I will definitely book with them on my next trip to PV.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom