Pura Jati and Secret Bay (Bali)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Padang Bai. I've stayed at the Padang Bai Beach Bungalows which has Absolute Scuba dive shop - a good spot. Good dives are the wall and out to the 2 islands. Topi Inn for some good food.

If you really keen on Muck, and still wanna try Puri Jati, last October my colleague took an UW photographer there and he said that's the best diving for his last 10 years carrier.

Regarding the weather, in this period of the year, Bali should having the rainy season already, but not sure why (probably global warming) the last couple week the weather became so hot, and we only had few hours of raining at night the last three days. So you still can try Nusa Penida when you will be here.

Hi, everybody

I´m back from Bali and finally, thanks to all people here that helped me I was able to dive in all the spots I had in mind.

I dove 8 times in Puri Jati, which is really an amazing place for muck diving. As I wanted to stay nearby and avoid long car transfers I stayed at NIbbana resort, place that I really recommend everybody. The resort is almost new, and has huge, extremely clean and comfortable rooms, and the best: a superb swimming pool with astonishing views. Perfect place to relax, and the service and staff were really friendly. A place to come back. I stayed there for 6 nights and I was happy all the time.

For diving in Puri Jati i arranged with Peter from Blue Season Bali, that operates from Zen Resort, just 20 metres from Nibbana resort. There is just a 5 minutes walk from the resort to the dive spot so it´s very comfortable. Peter knows the place perfectly and he does his best to make you feel good and find the stuff your´re looking for. We had really loooooong and lovely dives: 2 dives per day , 2 hours per dive....thing that I paid with a strong back ache int he afternnoon...but Nibbana´s swimming pool was there to relax my aching bones.

After Puti Jati I moved to Tulamben, and stayed in Matahari Resort. We dove Tulamben wreck, Dropp off and Coral Garden several days. Also we went to Seraya , where the guide could spot 6 harlequin shrimp and 2 tiger shrimp (first time I saw).

The diving was very good. Tulamben wreck is even better than I remembered (I was there 5 years ago), but I cannot say the same of Matahari resort and the dive shop. I would not come back to that place. Laid back, dirty, kitchen and reception full of flies. Really needs and improvement. For similar price or a little bit more you have another better choices in Tulamben.

Then we moved earlier than expected to Padang-bay to spend New Year Eve there and diving in Blue Laggon area and finally in Manta Point (and there were 6 mantas that day). In this area I dove with two operators: Water Worx and Aboslute scuba, and I prefered by far Water worx: very friendly and relaxed, and the local guides had very, very good eyes and were very happy when they were succesfull finding things for you.

And that is all.

Thanks you all for your help , it has been really useful to prepare my trip.

Talk with Bali Diving academy they will be able to arrange all for you / including transfers etc. Provide advise on Diving in areas for critters Secret Bay is not the only location in bali which offers critter diving.

There are a number of Losmans and other places to stay in Pemuteran areas which are not expensive.

Back
Top Bottom