question about clipping spg?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cfenton:
I couldn't agree more. That was my point too: before I took my fundies I had the same misconception.

No, you still don't quite get it. That is okay, you sound like you eventually will. The reason many of us that have been diving with this system long before the DIR name existed or was the new fad just answer with strict, this is how it is, is because for 99.99999% of people that truly is exactly how it should be done. The vast majority of people that say, I have to do X because Y does not work for me, are just making excuses to compensate for something they are doing wrong rather than learning how to put the whole system together. That is also why we consider the term "personal preference" a bad word and I gave boom a hard time about it. It is synonomous with an excuse for not bothering to learn how to put everything together properly.

cfenton:
My point is that it may be better to focus on why something is the way it is...rather than just say this is the way it is.

GUE classes cover that far better than a board. If you just say, a straight shot down from the first stage, you open it up for all of the I don't position my first stage properly or I only tied off the clip half way down the hose so I need a 26.5" hose bs.

RTodd:
GUE classes cover that far better than a board. If you just say, a straight shot down from the first stage, you open it up for all of the I don't position my first stage properly or I only tied off the clip half way down the hose so I need a 26.5" hose bs.

Have you met Dan McKay?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom