Question about men only dive trips

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DrBill, as much as you love the ladies, you need to pay attention to what they have to say from time to time. She mentioned in her post that they can't afford for her to go later on. :)

Men only trips when their SOs don't want to go or can't make it is one thing, or maybe to a location that isn't one of those once in a lifetime trips. Going someplace special without wives that want to go, when it's a trip they may not be able to do again, sounds really unfair to me. Personally, I know I'd be speaking up if I were in that situation (which I wouldn't be, as my husband wouldn't do this anyway, he'd want me to go.)

It sounds like it might be difficult for you both to afford to go again anytime soon but you can each go once? I'd at the very least be planning my own trip with the girls. Heck, plan it at the same time and wave from the other boat.

Damselfish:
It sounds like it might be difficult for you both to afford to go again anytime soon but you can each go once? I'd at the very least be planning my own trip with the girls. Heck, plan it at the same time and wave from the other boat.
I have a hunch that she is not the only wive who's bent over this, and that this will be the last stag dive trip plan.

:lol:​

when i became certified my missus showed no interest, this past weekend she stated she would like to try it.

now i'll have to take up skydiving to get away from her.

One solution ... talk them into making a wives exception on trips that are so special or far flung that you may not have a chance of repeating them.

Or. Get the women together and schedule a women's dive trip to the Galapagos. Then invite me.

I do see the point of a guys-only trip - and I have no problem with it...but I would have my husband's *** if he went to Galapagos without me. Unless he was planning to foot the bill for me to meet him for the next trip (as in, you fly down, board the liveaboard, and join him for the next charter date).

I feel for you.

Never been married, but it sounds like a just plain bad idea (not to mention inconsiderate) to plan a trip like that and expect the wives not to want to go. I say everyone goes and they plan "guys only" dives or even whole days (while the women folk stay at the hotel and knit!).

I'm having a hard time understanding this one.

If they want to go on a guys only trip, how is it fair to muscle in on it? If you want to go to the Galapagos, then go. The cost shouldn't be significantly different if you go with him or if you go with your lady friends.

Unless you're expecting that he'll foot the bill if you go with him, but if you go on your own it will be you paying the bill?

This just doesn't add up.

The husband hands his wife a pair of his pants and tells his new wife to put them on. She looks at him and says, "Honey, these are way to big for me." He says, "Exactly, I wear the pants in this family and don't you forget it." She promptly hands him a pair of her panties and tells him to put them on. His reply was, "Honey, you know I can't get in to these." To which she replied, "Exactly, and until your attitude changes, don't you forget it." :cwmddd:

Squidgy, a once in a lifetime trip. I believe it would require a long talk before he went on a men only trip to the Galapogos. In my opinion, I can't believe that the men are even considering it without their wives.

I can understand a guy's only trip to Coz. But come on, the Galapagos?

This is a big bucks trip. It's not right for one to say, "I'm going and you can't". If the women want to go too, buck up and make room. I think it's selfish for the men to say, "I'm going to this place we've both always wanted to go and you can't come because it's a guys trip. Oh, and you can't go later because we can't afford two trips."

Give me a break. That's BS, and any guy worth his woman will admit it.

Anyway, an all-guys trip is way overrated. That's why we spend all our time looking at women. You might as well bring along your own scenery. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom