Question about men only dive trips

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If we had an issue like this - neither would go because there would be too much resentment. (We've had this issue but to Vancouver and ended it that way - not the GALAPAGOS!!!)

Good luck!

Be honest with your husband, tell him how you fell about the trip and discuss the financial aspects. Don't hint or use inuendos (sp.) Say what you mean and feel, us guys are sometimes terrible at understanding anything except facts and straight forward comments.

If this situation occurred with my wife, I would either try to get her in on my trip or help her to book her own "girls only trip". I am sure a number of the guys' diving wives would like to go and if you need more females, recruit from this site. Good luck, hope you work it out and both get to go; either together or on your own trips. Let us know how it works out.

Good God people, back the dive boat up. First I have been happily been married to my best friend for 30 years and if he has ever cheated on me ( and I don't think he would ) I don't want to know, he makes me very happy. Second the point was, if I asked him and the rest of the guys, I am sure they would say yes. These are very nice guys. But I wanted to know if this was fair to them. They really enjoy their time together. The guy things seems to be sitting around in smelly clothes, belching, and basking in each others glory as the stories become bigger and bigger. The problem with the situation is out of the 16 guys, only 5 wives dive but the rest of the wives would want to go too. So the guys are stuck. It becomes a hugh issue, and as I said they are really nice guys and I don't want to make it hard on them. As for the money thing, I was thinking that if I went later, he would go with me. I have never dive traveled without him, but the idea of a women's dive trip sounds pretty good. I asked two of the wives and they said no, not without the husbands so I will need to find other women divers. So if I tried to put together a women's dive trip would anyone be interested?

I would :D

I would, but my husband would want to go too!

I assume this will be a liveaboard trip so fitting everyone if all the wives go is an issue? I don't know if it's fair to the guys, but I certainly don't think it's fair to you and at least the other diving wives if not all of them. The guys can belch just as well in Coz, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect them to do a Galapagos trip differently and plan the next guys trip someplace where this won't be such an issue.

drbill:
Diver0001- I don't see a "men's only" trip as suggesting their intention to do things

It wasn't intended to be taken seriously. I guess it fell flat. Sorry.

R..

If I had to choose between my wife and "the guys" on a galapagos trip, I'd pick my wife every time.

dulldiver:
let the guys have their trip. Just be glad they're not going to Thailand. :wink:

Ummmm....

My wife, a non-diver, has always gone with me on every dive trip except for a couple of short ones that would have been of no interest to her.

Except for one.

I had a chance to go to Thailand on a dive trip she could not possibly attend because of her work schedule. I didn't think it would be considered and didn't even mention it. She read about it and asked if I were going to go. Anyway, I went and had a great time. She did pretty well herself because of the jewelry prices in Thailand.

So what's wrong with Thailand?

boulderjohn:
So what's wrong with Thailand?
I think they may have been referring to the availability of "painted ladies".

As someone who has been happily married for nearly 33 years, I think this is something that really has to be talked through carefully some time when you both have time to think it through carefully. You explained the dilemma well--there is no easy solution. I think, though, that if you both seek a win-win solution in a spirit of compromise, you will come out OK.

My earlier tongue-in-cheek comment about Thailand is an illustration. My wife and I have always vacationed together, except for unusual situations when it was impossible. When the Thailand trip came up, we talked it through and came to a solution. It was her suggestion, and I made sure she was quite happy with it. I am sure you two can do the same.

Of course, as they say, it is easy to resist temptation when you aren't being tempted. If I had 15 diving pals who wanted me to run off to the Galapagos with them....

Back
Top Bottom