Question about parking at Nubble

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

decapoddiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Are there restrictions for non-residents or fees mid-week? Going with wife's family for the day on July 9th just to sight-see but figured this is the place for info. She is refusing to allow any dive gear in the car so I am already annoyed and don't want to encounter any additional issues. Thanks.

Are there restrictions for non-residents or fees mid-week? Going with wife's family for the day on July 9th just to sight-see but figured this is the place for info. She is refusing to allow any dive gear in the car so I am already annoyed and don't want to encounter any additional issues. Thanks.
Do yourself a favor and send the wife and family off to Boston for the day and go to Nubble by yourself with the dive gear. There are no fees or restrictions. If the parking is full, wait 10 minutes and a spot should open up. If nothing else, bring a thin layer of exposure protection and the snorkel gear. You won't regret it if the weather cooperates.

I concur with Old Flounder... No fees or residency requirements, the village is geared to attract out of town $$.

As for the family, in case you have not been there, unless they want to fish (for you) from the rocks, endlessly photograph or gorge themselves at Foxes you might drop them off at the village / Short Sands area. If they have good senses of humor thay may tolerate1 dive, a second one will be pushing your luck!

This Thursday the 4th is considered a no dive holiday.

Pete

Going for memorial service right at the Light for wife's dad who passed away last July 9th so that isn't an option. I have to be the good husband.

Thanks for the info.

Going for memorial service right at the Light for wife's dad who passed away last July 9th so that isn't an option. I have to be the good husband.

Thanks for the info.

Condolences.

This could be a technical dive. Sometimes the best dive planning decision is not to dive.

Pete

Looks like the service has been postponed until next Spring so if I head up there any time soon it will be to dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom