Question about rough seas in Key West

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am a major fan of Dr Masters during hurricane season esp. However there are others out there that are equally as good. Just that they only predict for either money or cruisers offshore.. Herb on Southbound II via SSB is one of them.
Paying attention to the comments section, esp during an active storm tracking will yield a lot of great websites. A few yrs back Lefty410 had a companion page that even Dr Masters referred too. He eventually created his own website. I have a lot of links, and to that one as well in my favorites. WU also used to use the navy GOES satellites... one can also get them on the web. Cannot remember where I was the other night but I realized that was what I was looking at due the comments at the bottom of the page.

During last yrs season I was able to snag the weather service for both Martinique and San Croix and the Netherlands Antilles.. just pay attention to dr masters blog...

I am a fan of the data bouy system as well.
National Data Buoy Center

I totally agree that in Florida while I was spending my life on the water I never used anything but the VHF channels. But you get out of Florida or the US and you don't always have that luxury. For where I was and what I needed (I didn't need wave heights or inside/outside info, just speed and direction, wunderground was my choice. All of the other sites were either slow loading or didn't format well on my blackberry. Just my .02

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom