Question for all who have purchased from Leisure Pro

Were you aware that the items from LP may not come with manufactuer warranty?

• Yes, I knew they did not have factory warranty.

Votes: 104 65.4%
  • No, I thought they came with factory warranty.

Votes: 17 10.7%
  • I didn't care about the warranty.

Votes: 38 23.9%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If the cost of not getting 'free parts for life' after servicing your equipment each and every year whether you are diving or not is a deal-breaker, buy from the LDS. Many people do. But think about it... What if you take a couple years off? Are you going to keep that service up to date? Are you really going to take a regulator with absolutely NO dives in for service when you have no intention of making any dives in the foreseeable future?

Those 'free parts for life' are pretty expensive when the initial product costs a couple of hundred dollars more at the LDS and incurs labor charges each and every year.

If you can buy from an authorized SP dealer for the same price you get at LP, that dealer is about to lose their franchise. The manufacturers set the price, end of story. Violate the manufacturer's pricing policy and you won't be an authorized dealer very long.

Of course the initial price is the big draw. Money is everything. Too bad LP became an authorized Oceanic dealer.

Richard

If the cost of not getting 'free parts for life' after servicing your equipment each and every year whether you are diving or not is a deal-breaker, buy from the LDS. Many people do. But think about it... What if you take a couple years off? Are you going to keep that service up to date? Are you really going to take a regulator with absolutely NO dives in for service when you have no intention of making any dives in the foreseeable future?

Those 'free parts for life' are pretty expensive when the initial product costs a couple of hundred dollars more at the LDS and incurs labor charges each and every year.

If you can buy from an authorized SP dealer for the same price you get at LP, that dealer is about to lose their franchise. The manufacturers set the price, end of story. Violate the manufacturer's pricing policy and you won't be an authorized dealer very long.

Of course the initial price is the big draw. Money is everything. Too bad LP became an authorized Oceanic dealer.

Richard

Yes, If I were to take a year off I would service my regs. Maybe a bad analogy, but if I did not run my boats or bikes I found the need to service them more important.

As for the initial cost, correct. Authorised dealers are limited to a 10% discount.
Every Scubapro reg I have purchased from (2) Authorized dealers earned me Nitrox Cards and boat trips which made up for the difference. Particularly with the parts for life and warranty being icing on the cake. And, if I need incidental work, free. If I need to use the shop's bench, fine. If I need a loaner during service, here ya go. LOL.

Bought a pair of Jets from LDS. They fitted and installed at no charge, Manta springs. Total cost was less than LP. But I am a supporter of the shop.

So are you saying then that LP warranty is NOT as good as the Scubapro?

I would have answered (1) and (3), I knew and I didn't care.

What I'd like to see authorized dealers do is unbundle their product. Let me buy the regulator, the warranty, and the service contract separately. Then I can get a fair idea of what they are charging for their warranty and decide if I need it. How many people buy extended warranties when they are offered separately?

Yes, If I were to take a year off I would service my regs. Maybe a bad analogy, but if I did not run my boats or bikes I found the need to service them more important.

As for the initial cost, correct. Authorised dealers are limited to a 10% discount.
Every Scubapro reg I have purchased from (2) Authorized dealers earned me Nitrox Cards and boat trips which made up for the difference. Particularly with the parts for life and warranty being icing on the cake. And, if I need incidental work, free. If I need to use the shop's bench, fine. If I need a loaner during service, here ya go. LOL.

Bought a pair of Jets from LDS. They fitted and installed at no charge, Manta springs. Total cost was less than LP. But I am a supporter of the shop.

So are you saying then that LP warranty is NOT as good as the Scubapro?

Then you should always buy from your LDS. I'll buy from LP.

Richard

Yeah, it looks like their warranty disclosure is a big problem:

No, I thought they came with factory warranty..................... 2 ............ 3.28%

:shakehead:

Its the same thing when buying camera gear (oddly from sister company Adorama).

Dad always said "if sounds too good to be true, check it out, then grab it!"

They warrant Cressi, which has been a majority of my starter kit (til I go bonkers and go with a wing)

BUT!!! - Now I give my LDS a crack with their prices. They come close enough that I want to support them as much as possible, and if it is only a few bucks, well hey, the good will is worth it!
Meanwhile, MAD PROPS TO Dave @ Indian Valley Scuba for that BTW! :D

Yeah, it looks like their warranty disclosure is a big problem:

:shakehead:

The vast majority of members on this forum are aware of course.

10 years ago when I first heard of Leisurepro, I had no idea.

I buy from my LDS, LP as well as scubastore.com, which is in Spain, or anyone else for that matter. As they say in blazing saddle. Warranty.. we don't need no stinking warranty!!! vaminos!! :p

I think I bought something from LP before I heard of Scubatoys.

Scubatoys is an authorized dealer for all they sell. I had to send back a failed computer and sent it back through them and it was handled faster than when similar problems have happened throught my LDS.

I knew that LP sold gray market items however I'm not clear as to now those products become available?

The manufacturer has to sell them to someone who is authorized, then that entity sells them to LP and LP is still able to sell them cheaper than an authorized dealer?

Now does that work?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom