Question for you Halcyon owners

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tombiowami once bubbled...
While horizontal the rear dump is used, much more effective.
Tommy I hardly ever use the rear dump... it is easier for me, personally to get fine control of the amount dumped using the inflator hose... that way I can see, hear or feel the amount released.... I am not interested in getting much out at a time... I am interested in keeping the amount released small.

This is for ascent.

A Halcyon Wing has no shoulder dump valve, the air is dumped soley from the valve at the end of the corrugated hose.

The hose needs to be only long enough to reach your mouth.

Another way of dumping air while horizontal besides the rear dump valve is to rotate over on your right side and open the low pressure inflator dump valve. This is very easy and since there is no shoulder dump valve air comes out easily.

ID

bengiddins once bubbled...
No No No!!! You're thinking of Delta Iota Rho!

:jester:

Hahahahaaa!!! Yeah, I think there's a chapter at my local University... Every weekend they don black masks and long rubber hoses...

I attach my inflator hose using surgical tubing to my harness. It stretches and allows me to pull the hose up at a very steep angle for releasing air. I also slide the bungied loop as far back towards the wing as possible. It took me some time to get used to the inflator hose being so short. It is right up next to my snorkel (I know.... lose the snorkel), and they both feel the same. Also at first it seemed to be a real pain feeling for it up so high on my chest.... as apposed to a nice long inflator hose hangin down where it is easily seen and not confused with my flex snorkel tube. Alas..... you do get used to it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom