Question from new divers about diving in Cozumel and Grand Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I decided that I didn't want our dives to be a cruise ship "cattle" dive so I booked individually with Aldora's in Cozumel. They will take us to a dock near the ship and let us off after diving to avoid a return taxi ride. Still haven't decided on Grand Cayman yet. Waiting for emails from shops. Thanks, Steven
.......+1 0n Aldora's shop

In March, I cruised to Jamaica, CG, and Cozumel on the Carnival Magic. I didn't dive in Jamaica, but went with the 2 tank shore dive through Don Fosters in GC. Had a great time with lots to see, no stress and no worries getting back to the ship. DF's did a great job!

In Cozumel I did 2 dives through Sand Dollar, and again, they did a great job accommodating everyone with intermediate sites that everyone could handle.

In my experiences (2 times now) booking dives through cruise lines, I have had no problems, been happy, and had great times. But I didn't expect advanced dives from booking through a cruise.
I take dive specific vacations for those.

BTW, I hope that you guys had a great time and please fill us in on the details when you get a chance. Looking forward to hearing how it went!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom