question/help on DIR 7ft primary setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Keep in mind that the reality is you'll be much closer to the 1 dive mark... having done "one dive" 100 times.

Lake George is an extremely large lake. I have yet to repeat a dive except for about 8 dives which have all been training dives in a training area of the lake (practicing OOA with my buddy, using lift bag as redundant buoyancy...etc.). And none of these dives are counting my PADI course dives for OW and AOW...so I don't follow what you are saying. I have access to a boat which brings me all over the lake and if you know lake George, you know its huge with depths up to 250ft so you really have to pay attention where you are diving...etc. Right now I dive mainly with my father, but a few others join us time to time. Everyone is PADI AOW certified. Some are deep diver certified. Two have been diving 20 years but solely recreational diving. No one is DIR style. Ive been trying to get them all into it but im considered "the new guy" and you know how that goes. They are all a blast to dive with and they do take it serious, especially the dive planning parts and buddying up.

Reactions: RJP
I'm confused, are you interested in diving "DIR style" or "DIR" diving?
Well at first when I started this thread...I had thought DIR was simply gear setups but after reading many things on here and net I have come to conclusion it is MUCH more than that. Honestly I'm interested in the DIR diving. Not positive it is definitely for me but I'm interested none the less. I think the guys I dive with should definitely at least consider changing their gear setups

Honestly I'm interested in the DIR diving. Not positive it is definitely for me but I'm interested none the less. I think the guys I dive with should definitely at least consider changing their gear setups

Maybe you and the guys you dive with should persue your own and their own personal interests.

Its nearly impossible to convince someone be DIR. Its almost always something that folks seek on their own accord.

Maybe you and the guys you dive with should persue your own and their own personal interests.
They didn't know anything about it until I brought it up. My father is interested. The other guys were a bit interested in the long hose setup.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom