Issue with securing 7ft long hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As I said in my first reply, tighten your waist belt and done! No need for goofy goodies to solve a non existent problem.
I haven't been keeping up with all the comments (to what seemed like a simple enough problem to solve), but this makes sense. People often leave the waist belt too loose and the shoulder straps too tight. With the help of an instructor, a couple of issues I was having disappeared when I adjusted the shoulder straps looser, the crotch strap tighter and, to the point here, made sure to keep the waist belt tight. Sometimes, once I have descended and my suit compresses, I further tighten up the waist belt.

👍 no problem
I am certain you are a better diver then me,

I just had a problem and I solved it,
One less task load,

15-20ft deep,
7 ish mph,
boats overhead,
And paying attention to 4ft + boulders randomly showing up,
Kicking to stay in similar currents as my buddy, and a hose floating around my head,

All I was doing is showing how to lock it in place and not having it come loose randomly, when tucked into waist belt,
If you have any concerns please don't try this at home, or on a dive site.
7 mph current?
Where? I don't know of any rivers anywhere moving with a 7mph current.
If you are talking about the St Clair, even under the Blue Water Bridge where it is strongest and fastest, it averages around 2mph. Maybe 5 after a week of south winds let up.

edited after google shows current sometimes reaches 5mph in the river mouth

7 mph current?
If you are talking about the St Clair, even under the Blue Water Bridge where it is strongest and fastest, it averages around 2mph. Maybe 3.5 after a week of south winds let up.
Maybe he was diving in Saltstraumen in Norway

7 mph current?
If you are talking about the St Clair, even under the Blue Water Bridge where it is strongest and fastest, it averages around 2mph. Maybe 5 after a week of south winds let up.

edited after google shows current sometimes reaches 5mph in the river mouth
Under and after the peace bridge,
After Thompson hole it calms down.

If average running speed is 6.6mph, it's faster then I can run, (I maybe a slow runner),

Current changes depending how much the power plants are drawing and how much the wind pushes water to this end of lake Erie...

Under and after the peace bridge,
After Thompson hole it calms down.

If average running speed is 6.6mph, it's faster then I can run, (I maybe a slow runner),

Current changes depending how much the power plants are drawing and how much the wind pushes water to this end of lake Erie...
Holy crap, I just googled it. That would be a helluva drift dive. Clear water?

Tucking doesn't work for me. No idea why, it just won't stay.

Before the overpriced little plastic sticks came out, I just made a dummy light canister out of some 2" PVC pipe. About 5-6" length was plenty, then I used a hose clamp, spare bungee and scrap webbing to make a quick release connector. Whole thing was probably free from using scraps, but purchasing it all would be less than $10.

Basically this: Dive Rite Quick Mount for Small Canister { 2.5 to 2.75 in | 6.4 to 7 cm }
mounted on a piece of PVC.

Before the overpriced little plastic sticks came out, I just made a dummy light canister out of some 2" PVC pipe.
That was suggested to the OP, but in post #10 the OP explained that in Switzerland PVC pipe costs more than the "overpriced little plastic sticks."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom