question to dir guys

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uncle Pug wrote...

...this is using the 120 rule... not planning software.
The reason I asked was a recent V-planner profile called for only 1 min of deco at 10'. That and your comment led me to wonder if DecoPlanner/DPlan, as a GUE product, deviated from that and would always call for the three minimum stops you mentioned.

Uncle Pug once bubbled...
I know that this will frustrate some of you... but if you would really like to get more than just tid bits on this you need to take a DIRf.
Others have posted that DIRF doesn't really cover on-the-fly NDL calculations, and that Tech 1 or Cave 1 is where that topic is covered.

How is the course content currently split up?

Charlie

My first DIRF did not cover on-the-fly NDL calculations so i doubt the one that starts tonight will...

Uncle Pug once bubbled...
I know that this will frustrate some of you... but if you would really like to get more than just tid bits on this you need to take a DIRf.
We were not shown on-the-fly NDL calculations in my DIR-F class. As a matter of fact, we were quite plainly told to keep diving our computers in computer mode, but definitely integrate the DIR dive planning tools we learned in the class into our diving. For example, the 1 minute each at 30', 20' and 10' will violate some computers (like my Suunto). Sonya said to just stay at 10' until the 3 minute stop on your computer is up, which is what I do.

Jimmie

metridium once bubbled...
The reason I asked was a recent V-planner profile called for only 1 min of deco at 10'. That and your comment led me to wonder if DecoPlanner/DPlan, as a GUE product, deviated from that and would always call for the three minimum stops you mentioned.

Actually Decoplanner, even though it's a GUE product, is simply a deco program. Many of the things we do are not reflected in the program. For example, many of use feel that the times given for decompressing from Helium based mixtures are inaccurate. This has to do with the fact that the program relies on a standard decompression model.

The program is still very useful, but we only use it as a tool, not as a bible.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom