Questions about P-valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WholeShabang.jpg

Where's that thread of Ricks when you need it?

That's the right connection method, but you probably want to trim the front of the condom catheter a bit before putting it on the valve. Otherwise, that space where the condom catheter is straight before it reaches the valve is an ideal place for the whole setup to kink and back up.

That's the right connection method, but you probably want to trim the front of the condom catheter a bit before putting it on the valve. Otherwise, that space where the condom catheter is straight before it reaches the valve is an ideal place for the whole setup to kink and back up.

You are right about that....

Thanks for the pics... And for the idea of cutting down the space on the cath... I have my p-valve on order and will installing on my fusion soon (Hopefully)

The hose going down to the valve, is that the line that came with it or did you upgrade to something heftier? That looks like fuel line in the pic....

Thanks again
Phil

So, now that we have pictures of the quick disconnect that should be used for the p-valve, does anybody have a supplier that carries them and part numbers? I am looking for a source not only for myself, but for the shop I do Divemaster work for, Central Oregon Tech Divers.

I have found a couple different places, but part numbers, size, best prices, etc. are always helpful.

Thanks in advance, Hawk.

Found em' Hawk. They should be in next week. Even got a few extras for anybody that may need one. If so, pm me and we'll work something out.
Joe

the cable tie thing was suggested to me, I wasn't keen on it. The medical tube adapter works well if you can get you hands on one. At about 2 cents each most hospital have hundreds lying around.

Brendan

Actually they don't. Talked with a nurse freind and she said they hooked up more permanantly than a quick disconnect. She had sdaid they hooked up directly to the tube that came from the bag to the catheter condom, or a direct internal catheter.
Also, if you can find them for 2 cents, heck even under a buck, let me know, I'm in for better than a dozen.
Joe

PS.
Where in the heck did my pirate (Post Icon) go?:mooner:

Pirate,

Hospitals don't use them for urinary catheters, as you pointed out they have a cone shaped adapter built in. The ones I have as used to connect tubes to other tubes, like Oxygen tubes or chest tubes and sometimes feeding tubes. They aren't quick disconnects just connectors, its cone shaped on both ends and the tubes just push on. The ones I use are small to medium tube adapters, the small ends fits nicely into the pee valve tubing and the medium end fits nicely into the cath.

If you would like I can take a pic and post it.

Brendan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom