Questions about traveling to the Sea of Cortez?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am glad to tell you that October is probably the best month not only for hammerhead sharks but also for other large creatures such as mantas, etc, although is hard to guarantee the encounters, my best advice for you is to get the nitrox certification before you get here since the dive site where the sharks are is in around 100' of depth and nitrox increases your bottom time considerably.

Cantamar:
I am glad to tell you that October is probably the best month not only for hammerhead sharks but also for other large creatures such as mantas, etc, although is hard to guarantee the encounters, my best advice for you is to get the nitrox certification before you get here since the dive site where the sharks are is in around 100' of depth and nitrox increases your bottom time considerably.

Thanks so much and by the way, we are staying at Club Cantamar. We booked the trip through a local dive shop, Divers Cove, Essex, CT. My husband and I are both AOW and Nitrox certified. Divers Cove had taken this trip last October and after seeing their pics, we were sucked in!:D

http://www.diverscove.com/

You will not regret it ! i am sure you will have a great time diving with us, let me know if you have questions before you travel to La Paz..

Pedro

Water temperature in August will be around 82 to 85 F , usually we wear a 3 mm long suit, the ocean in the bay of La Paz is really calm most of the time, during the morning we have some wind coming from the south but then it dies down before noon and the ocean stays flat for the rest of the day, it is a good idea to take some motion sickness medicine before you get on the boat though.. check out our website, you can find a lot of useful information about divesites, accomodations, etc..

Pedro

I'm going to be living on on a boat on the Sea of Cotez with a friend next summer. We are both avid divers. Are there any nice dive spots that you can tell me about :D , maybe some coordinates or something along those lines.

Give me a call when you get to La Paz, (612) 1227010, i'll be happy to help you.

Pedro

Cantamar:

Hi, I just checked your website and you have a great place to dive there! I've been to Loreto, but I've never been to La Paz, how the two compare? scuba diving wise off course. I had a great time in Loreto, but there were a lot of sting rays in the Camino Real beach, is it the same there? I think I might be changing my Mahahual trip and going to La Paz!

the dive sites in Loreto and La Paz are similar one from each other since they're both in the sea of cortez, however La Paz has a greater number of places to dive, we have clients from all over the world that stay between 4 days all the way to 2 weeks diving almost every day. Regarding the stingrays there are certain beaches at Espiritu santo island during December thru February that get large numbers of them due to the mating season. That doesn't happen at our beach.

We do a lot of land based packages, if you visit our web site just go to diving, and then click on rates on the upper right side.

Pedro

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom