Questions concerning Backplates.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stuart,

Honestly I have to wonder why you ask questions on this public forum. You have, IMO, a well earned reputation of asking questions, arguing with those that respond and then ignoring the advice provided....

Very well qualified people here have provided you with a great deal of good advice. I have to wonder why they bother.

Tobin

Thank you for saving me the trouble of posting this.

We have never patched bladders.

Did you ever return the replacement "defective bladder"?

I'd love to see it.

Tobin
Interesting. When I called DSS 2 weeks ago about the leak in my wing, the woman I talked to said I could send my wing in and it would be patched, if possible, otherwise it would cost $50 to replace the bladder. As she was finishing making that statement, someone on her end interrupted her. She paused and then (I'm almost positive) said, oh, never mind. We don't patch them anymore. If the bladder is leaking, we would just replace it and that would be $50.

---------- Post added April 1st, 2015 at 10:29 PM ----------

Thank you for saving me the trouble of posting this.
Huh. I must have missed Tobin's post.

I have certainly asked questions. And I have certainty sought clarification and further explanation on answers that didn't make sense to me. Many times to the point that it became clear others thought I was being argumentative or just an a-hole. But, I'm curious what advice I have actually ignored. Barring situations like this current one, where I have been advised by some to not attempt to use a patched wing bladder and also advised by others that diving with the bladder I patched should be fine.

Interesting. When I called DSS 2 weeks ago about the leak in my wing, the woman I talked to said I could send my wing in and it would be patched, if possible, otherwise it would cost $50 to replace the bladder. As she was finishing making that statement, someone on her end interrupted her. She paused and then (I'm almost positive) said, oh, never mind. We don't patch them anymore. If the bladder is leaking, we would just replace it and that would be $50.

We have never patched bladders, never. It's always been our policy. What possible purpose would be served by offering a service that we do not perform?

My staff is well aware of that, but given the rest of the "imaginative" comments you have attributed to DSS I'm somehow not surprised to see you make this claim.

Tobin

Lemme see:

Tobin gets a 10/10 for brusqueness; 1/10 for tact; 10/10 for design and 10/10 for veracity.

Stuart newbie scores the same on the brusqueness and 9/10 for storytelling.

Back
Top Bottom