Questions - Diving in Dominica

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gabriel

Registered
Reaction score
My girlfriend and I are planning a trip to Dominica later this year, hoping to spend some time underwater and also topside looking around the island. Can anybody can help out with some answers or advice for the questions below?

1. The most likely time for us to go is mid-late November. How good is the underwater visibility likely to be, bearing in mind it's just at the end of the wet season.

2. I'm a reasonably experienced diver, but my girlfriend has (literally) just qualified. Can we expect diving suitable for both of us?

3. There are a few previous posts regarding dive operators, but any recent information with recommendations (or not!) concerning current operators, or places to stay/avoid would be gratefully received.

Many thanks in advance.

Gabriel I was just there in March and it's an awesome place to visit, dive, and tour the island. I don't know about going there at that time of yr. in Nov. i couldn't tell you about that. Now that I was there the weather was just perfect and diving conditions were great. there is diving for all kinds of levels....that is no problem just tell whom ever you use as operator about the g/f. We stayed in Portsmouth as we stayed with a friend there..there we dove with Cabrits Dive Center and they are great...no complaints about them except they only had a small boat...but, now they have acquired a bigger boat. also, dove with Anchorage/Hotel Dive Centre in Scott's Head and they are a great operation to stay with. both in diving and hotel wise. so, i would recommend either one. We did alot of hiking also and that was great too....word to the wise if you want to hike to the Boiling Lake make sure you're both in good shape cause it's a streanous hike 8 hrs. total but it's an amazing site from the top.

Back
Top Bottom