R190?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MARK74

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello friends, I have seen this R190 for sale 2 @ hand and it is the first one I have seen with an adjustment knob. Was there any edition with a barrel and an adjustable knob?
My other hypothesis is that they have changed the front cover, what do you think?

Thanks and regards
Screenshot_20230529-112024-01.jpeg
Screenshot_20230529-112036-02.jpeg

different cover on a g-series... Truth is to remove the cover and see what type of valve is in it... That diaphragm looks odd too...

Fairly old MK-2 also...

That diaphragm looks odd too...
I would guess that is a common blue diaphragm with a red/orange spacer ring.

I have not seen it in person, on the second-hand sales page only this photo appears, but I do not associate it with the R190 that I know of.
R190.JPG
R190 DESPIECE.JPG

I suspect the original purge cover broke and they put this one on it.
Could it be a G250?
Although it was not very common to see it paired with a Mk2.
I have no option to see it before buying, hence my doubt.

It's a Franken reg. I'm going with a Graphite. A photo of flow vane could confirm my suspicion.

It's a Franken reg. I'm going with a Graphite. A photo of flow vane could confirm my suspicion.

Hello Simón, the seller only has that photo on, I think he had several regulators that over time broke and this set is what he has left, he probably had a G250 as main and the R190 octo, it was breaking part of the team and with the remains he has assembled this set.
I love taking a mess like that and restoring it properly.
I am negotiating.

Greetings Simon

Hello Simón, the seller only has that photo on, I think he had several regulators that over time broke and this set is what he has left, he probably had a G250 as main and the R190 octo, it was breaking part of the team and with the remains he has assembled this set. I love taking a mess like that and restoring it properly. I am negotiating. Greetings Simon

Be careful, hard parts like face plates etc are hard to find unless you already have a box of spares. If you want a real G250 let me know and I can hook you up.

I think he switched covers, first pic withe the 190 cover on a 250 as the disassembled pic is a 190 and I believe a 250 cover.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom