RA & Komodo diving difficulty

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good to hear about the diving ease in RA. Does anyone know what wetsuit is recommended for Dec 2015? The dive boat is saying a full 3mm with hood. But the water temps seem hot (80F+). Is a full 3/2mm too warm? Would a shorty be better?

See my response to your question on the other thread.

Good to hear about the diving ease in RA. Does anyone know what wetsuit is recommended for Dec 2015? The dive boat is saying a full 3mm with hood. But the water temps seem hot (80F+). Is a full 3/2mm too warm? Would a shorty be better?

Since RA has muck diving I would say full body coverage is a good call because then you have protection against some of the lovely poisonous critters inhabiting the muck. Personally I have always worn a 5 mm in Indonesia. But I am prone to being cold and repeated dives make me even more so. So I would suggest layering.

I am going to RA in December also! But as it is my first trip to RA specifically take my advice with a grain of salt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom