Ratio iX3M2 download to Subsurface via Bluetooth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChangeAgent

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Good morning, everybody.

As the iX3M2 has a Bluetooth built in I wonder if it is possible to download dives to Subsurface, using only Bluetooth. I ask as this would allow me to download direct after the dive and not run the risk that the connection is not totally dry.

I did switch both Bluetooth on, on the iX3M2 and my Mac computer and iPhone, but could not see the iX3M2 on the computer Bluetooth control panel where one can select any Bluetooth device.

Does anybody know if this would work with a MacBook Pro or only an iPhone or both? Any instructions anywhere? I could not find any.

Thanks.

Not sure for Apple. In android first you need to pair your DC to your mobile (from Bluetooth settings / pair ). Pin is your DC's S/N (shown in the PC Mode screen).
Then you open subsurface and it should appear in the device list. If not, select "Show all Bluetooth devices" in the settings menu and try again.
For me it only works with my mobile (Android), but not with my desktop (Windows/Ubuntu).
Good luck

Not sure for Apple. In android first you need to pair your DC to your mobile (from Bluetooth settings / pair ). Pin is your DC's S/N (shown in the PC Mode screen).
Then you open subsurface and it should appear in the device list. If not, select "Show all Bluetooth devices" in the settings menu and try again.
For me it only works with my mobile (Android), but not with my desktop (Windows/Ubuntu).
Good luck
Thanks. The DC is invisible to all.

I found pairing the iX3M2 via Bluetooth a exercise in futility. So unreliable and such a faff, just easier and quicker to plug it in to the computer and update subsurface that way. Think I only got Bluetooth working twice before just giving up on it all

I have the first version of the iX3M and use BT to download to subsurface no problem at all. I use the USB cable to charge the computer or to update it only.

(Windows 10 computer)

Thanks folks.

I found the answer. I wrote to Ratio and they responded with this:

Yes, it is possible to use Bluetooth to download dives using an iPhone. At the moment, Subsurface does not allow the use of Bluetooth on a MacBook but only the cable. I believe this function will be implemented in the future.

To connect it to the iPhone, if it is not automatically detected among the available devices, the solution is to install this application from the Apple Store:

Microchip Bluetooth Data

After installing it, tap "BLE Connect" and connect your iX3M2 from there.
Once you have connected it once through the App, it will also be available on the "normal" list of Bluetooth devices. (You can then uninstall the app without any issues)

Hope this helps others.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom