Rawlings water temps?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ice9

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Anyone dive Rawlings last weekend? If so, what was the water temp?

Don't know about last weekend, but I'll be there this Saturday. I'll post a report Saturday evening when I get back.

Sweet!

Just got home from Lake Rawlings today.

I was pleasently surprised that there are now 2 new signs for Lake Rawlings out on Interstate 85!

We made two dives:

26 feet max for 50 minutes minimum temperature was 56 degrees.

57 feet max for 57 minutes minimum temperature was 53 degrees.

I was surprised there were as many people there as there were! A great MANY people were diving wetsuits/hoods/gloves (I dove 5mm neoprene Dry Suit).

One of two Women I dove with wore a 5mm Hyperstretch/hood/gloves and she wasn't cold (she didn't go to 57 feet/53 degrees)

Other woman wore a 7mm Hyperstretch/hood/LIGHTA reef gloves (my hands were chilly by the end of 2nd dive in 5mm gloves.

We had great time! Don't postpone a trip to Rawlings, they are supposed to install flush toilets and Hot showers very shortly this year! They are operating wide open as we speak.

Is Rawling open during the week yet or just weekend. Im hoping to make it there in the next couple weeks.

From their website www.lakerawlings.com
I would always call if not a Sat/Sun or Wed!

Phone: 1-800-583-3781
Email: reservation@lakerawlings.com

Peak Season

Open seven days per week between May 1 and September 30.
Monday through Thursday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (park closes at 6:00 p.m.)
Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. (park closes at 10:00 p.m.)
Saturday from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (park closes at 10:00 p.m.)
Sunday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (park closes at 6:00 p.m.)
Night diving permitted every night, but must be cleared with park attendant first. The gate will not be locked Saturday night and most Friday nights when there are campers on-site.
Slack Season

Open weekends and every Wednesday between March 16 and April 30; and October 1 and November 15.
A reservation to dive is required most weekdays during the slack season.

Spent yesterday, Saturday, at Rawlings. The coldest temp I registered was 50F at 50ft. I completed my dry-suit training dives yesterday (very cool by the way). So, I wasn't cold at all. But like mheaster said above, there were plenty of people in neoprene. I talked to a few who were diving 5mm w/hood and gloves.

It was my first time there. Visibility was great. There were a good number of divers, but it wasn't crowded. I can only imagine how crowded it will get in another month. And with that crowd, I imagine the visibility will deteriorate.

I was at rawlings Saturday, and went out to the cabin cruizer.
60' 53 degrees. FANTASTIC vis! There were quite a few people there but it seemed like we were the only 2 people out there. It was my first time down that deep. Very cool to look up the wall from that depth.

How did you get 50 min at 57'? I would love your SAC! I run a 27psi/min.

doghouse:
I was at rawlings Saturday, and went out to the cabin cruizer.
60' 53 degrees. FANTASTIC vis! There were quite a few people there but it seemed like we were the only 2 people out there. It was my first time down at deep. Very cool to look up the wall from that depth.

How did you get 50 min at 57'? I would love your SAC! I run a 27psi/min.

We didn't spend WHOLE dive at 57 feet! That was our MAX depth. I was probably only that deep for about 8 minutes (just wanted a good temp at depth).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom