Rawlings water temps?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK that is the difference. We spent the whole time running the lines on the bottom. Most of our time was at 50+. After 23 min, I got the Time to surface NOW signal. We made our 3@15 and I surfaced with over 1100#'s left.

Thanks for the reports. We're heading down to Rawlings May 4-6 with a large group. I can't wait!

Mountain Dog

doghouse:
OK that is the difference. We spent the whole time running the lines on the bottom. Most of our time was at 50+. After 23 min, I got the Time to surface NOW signal. We made our 3@15 and I surfaced with over 1100#'s left.

You are diving a computer? How conservative do you have it set?

Was this your 2nd or 3rd dive of the day?

At 70 feet you should have 38 minutes without going into deco (per Conservative RDP). Doubt you could exceed 60 feet for more than small portion of that dive! 23 minutes sounds very short though!

Hey all,

Here's my Lake Rawlings dive report for May 4-6.

The weather could have been better, but the diving was great! LadyDog and I got in 6 dives. Friday was awesome. We had the place virtually to ourselves, so vis was as good as it gets. There were several dozen students doing ow checkout dives on Saturday and Sunday, so things got stirred up a bit around the platforms. But even then, vis was 20+ once you got away from the platforms.

Water temps: 55 degrees @ 30 feet. 51 @ 60ft. 57 @ 20ft. We were quite comfortable in 7mm jumps with 5/3 hooded vests, 5mm gloves and boots. Although it did start getting a bit chilly on our deeper dives.

The camping was pleasant, except for the Saturday night rain...and the loud music from another camping group at 2am...and someone emptying a semi-automatic clip on the hunting preserve right next to the campsites at around 3am. But hey, the diving was great!

I was a bit disappointed in the air fills we got there. We dive steel HP100's and in spite of our reminders to them every time we brought the tanks in, we never got a fill over 3000psi...and most of them were around 2800. Diving LP tanks might be the way to go there. But hey, the diving was great!

All in all, we had a lot of fun and plan to be back there several times this summer. Now, we're looking forward to diving at Pompano beach in 2 weeks. Can't wait!

Mountain Dog

Nice report MD, thats the main problem with HP tanks. Im sure no matter how much you remind them, if their compressor cant get there it just cant.
Maybe we will meet up there 1 weekend, I need to get some practice with my Zip drygloves before a trip to Lake Erie in August.

RAD Diver:
Nice report MD, thats the main problem with HP tanks. Im sure no matter how much you remind them, if their compressor cant get there it just cant.
Maybe we will meet up there 1 weekend, I need to get some practice with my Zip drygloves before a trip to Lake Erie in August.

Agreed about the HP tanks. Still, I like them a lot. It's not really a big deal, considering it takes 1 minute to get from the lake to the shop. We'll just roll down with a bunch of full tanks and get what we get while we're there. Not a big thing. From talking to other divers in our club, their compressor is capable of topping off the HP's. But with the way they crank out the hot fills on a busy weekend, it's just not in the cards.

See you there!

Mountain Dog

They have a good compressor there, it's just that they don't bank air like they should. The other problem is that even if they ran the compressor to bank air at night, they'd REALLY need to change soundproofing of the compressor because it would keep the camp ground awake all night...:D

I doubt that would matter much Andy, judging from his report it seems as if those campers are party animals & up to all hours of the night.:rofl3:

Hey Bobby!

Yeah, but I'm NOT! :eyebrow:

Slow day today?

Back
Top Bottom