Rawlings water temps?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RAD Diver:
it seems as if those campers are party animals & up to all hours of the night.:rofl3:

Yup, there was a group there that was a bit on the rowdy side. It wasn't our group, though. We're all past that stage in life and are a lot more interested in getting in the water.

It seemed to me that the biggest issue with getting good fills was the speed at which they do it. When you do a fill in two or three minutes, that tank is hot to the touch. Now drop that tank in a 55 degree quarry, and how many psi have you just surrendered to physics?

I've never timed it, but to fill an HP100, my LDS takes a good 20 minutes or so. And they keep a cooling fan blowing on the tanks the whole time. When they're finished, that tank feels pretty close to room temp. Big difference.

Mountain Dog

I usually drop my HP tank off at night and then ask to have it topped off agian the next morning. Never had problems that way.

Kevin and Dale Lynn do a good job considering traffic on weekends!

mheaster:
I usually drop my HP tank off at night and then ask to have it topped off agian the next morning. Never had problems that way.

Kevin and Dale Lynn do a good job considering traffic on weekends!

That's a great idea to have them top off in the morning. I didn't know they would do that without an additional charge.

As I said in my earlier post, I didn't consider this to be a big deal. Yes, they do indeed run a very good facility...clean and well maintained. Lots of toys in the quarry. I'll be back often this summer.

Mountain Dog

I definatly did NOT want it to seem as tho I was bashing Rawlings. I really enjoy going there (when I cant get off shore in a boat) & believe it is 1 of the best quarries out there. I always bring my tanks filled so I have never needed a fill. So I have no personal experience with that aspect of their operation.

Yeah, my group and I were there this weekend, Temps are 51 at the bottom, and about 61 above the thermocline.

Viz was a solid 30ft in my opinion.

Szymon

well went to Dutch Last Weekend (May 19,20). Water temps were around 64 at the surface and a blalmy 52 at the bottom. Viz was good (aobut 30 feet) until all the OW students started learning how to go down and then viz in some spots was less then 10 feet for a while.

PS. No toudy crowds that we heard while camping. And the new wake up call system they have installed is the best!!!(If you like being up at sun-up)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom