Razor 2.1?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok i think I get it. I actually like where the bungee is. I replaced the bungee it comes with with tougher, more resistant bungee and haven't had to replace it. I also take the t weight off most of the time, and only really use it for cold weather. I'd like to dump it entirely. I'm not sure I agree with you about the "auto adjusting" crotch strap. That's the one part that's supposed to be really tight, and I don't think the bungee is going to hold it firmly enough. You don't want the crotch strap having any "give" when you're head down, inverted, or head-down vertical.

I actually 'downgraded' the main sidemount bungee to one that is officially the same diameter (6mm), but is not of the same quality and looks thinner at first glance - works for me with any type of steel or aluminum cylinders.
On the other hand I think I replaced the wing bungees with a thicker one (5-6mm - I do not know the original size anymore and use that only because of availability at local shops). That might be helping with my own crotch strap.

I like the webbing to fit exactly without moving around and damaging the drysuit when I use thin undergarments.
The method I described works better for me in that regard.

After diving with it for a few month some things seem less important than others and some small changes are made for comfort, sometimes without even noticing.

But those are all unnecessary personal mini-modifications.
In my experience a Razor2 setup exactly following directions from the manual dives just fine.
When in doubt about adjustments I had made I sometimes consulted it again and tried to 'reset to defaults'.
The manual has not been updated yet for 2.1, but the changes seem insignificant in understanding the basic setup, except for the modified triglide that I do not have first hand experience with, yet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom