Rebreather support on Bonarie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Been twice to Bonaire, did my Choptima Mod 2 x-over with Zach at TDS, and some time building. I’ll use them again for my next trip. They are mostly a Dive Rite shop, but support other CCR brands

1. Something that is most important for me - project activity. The “some reef” thing - i think we have located and documented probably the nicest deep reef in the area - starting at 105 meters and getting deeper.
That's what I meant earlier. Sounds much better and is better for business to do a 'project' and 'expeditions' to the nicest reef instead of calling it taking pictures on a fun dive :)... as we used to call it.

Understood. But I see many people using them for sorb and tanks and stuff without any apparent issues.

The biggest problem right now isn't the CCR support, it's the damn SCTLD. Buddy Dive, Capt Dons are both RED, so once you dive there you are stuck in RED for the rest of the day, under STINAPA guidelines. You can decontaminate from RED, but you are supposed to then dry overnight. German's place (Oil Slick Leap) is still ORANGE, but that is not likely to last.
❓

There's a sticky at the top of the Bonaire threads. I had no idea either until I went to post this thread. Thanks to those in the know who posted.
Cool. I didn’t know those threads were stickied. Nice.

Just a follow up, I decided I wanted to give TDS a try since they had great reviews even though I've been happy with Mr. G. My thoughts are having more than one option for future trips is smart in case one is already renting what I need.
Anyway I emailed them this AM, and within an hour I got a reply from Zachary who has already notated everything we'll need on their schedule. He seemed very professional and organized. As many have likely experienced, finding a shop with good organization is more hard than you'd expect.

I will do a follow up post after the trip in September.

Just a follow up, I decided I wanted to give TDS a try since they had great reviews even though I've been happy with Mr. G. My thoughts are having more than one option for future trips is smart in case one is already renting what I need.
Anyway I emailed them this AM, and within an hour I got a reply from Zachary who has already notated everything we'll need on their schedule. He seemed very professional and organized. As many have likely experienced, finding a shop with good organization is more hard than you'd expect.

I will do a follow up post after the trip in September.
That's what I meant earlier. Sounds much better and is better for business to do a 'project' and 'expeditions' to the nicest reef instead of calling it taking pictures on a fun dive :)... as we used to call it.
Hello everybody, this is Mr.G from Area9.
Thanks for all the nice comments about the support received in the past through BuddyDive and BuddyDiveTek. It was a pleasure to help you out back then. As some of you already point out I start my own business (Area9) after 15 years of managing Buddy's technical diving division. We name the operation Area9 Mastery Diving Research Center, I know the name sounds really fancy but the thing is that we are committed to built something unique in many different ways. This completely new dive operation Is a dream come true, a dream that I would love to share with all of you. Feel free to contact me directly to mr_g@area9.dk I will be more than happy to help you out to get everything and more to make your dive expedition/trip unique and successful. We are happy to welcome all kinds of divers regardless the certification level, OC,CCR, Adv. Trimix not a problem. We are here for you ! We we are gearing up to take you to the parts of Bonaire that are still to be discover!
Our website: masterydiving.com

I think you know Harold. The guy in Lot.
He told me that he doesn't do fills or rents gear to people that don't stay at his place because renting tanks and filling tanks doesn't make money and isn't worth the efford.

I'm guessing, based on how the website looks, they maybe rather just sell classes and guiding ('expeditions') etc. rather than renting and filling tanks for random divers.
Berndo, we are happy to support fills, rentals and any other logistical need. Education and taking people to complete new areas is part of our goal as well, but is not the only one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom