Rebreather support on Bonarie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello everybody, this is Mr.G from Area9.
Thanks for all the nice comments about the support received in the past through BuddyDive and BuddyDiveTek. It was a pleasure to help you out back then. As some of you already point out I start my own business (Area9) after 15 years of managing Buddy's technical diving division. We name the operation Area9 Mastery Diving Research Center, I know the name sounds really fancy but the thing is that we are committed to built something unique in many different ways. This completely new dive operation Is a dream come true, a dream that I would love to share with all of you. Feel free to contact me directly to mr_g@area9.dk I will be more than happy to help you out to get everything and more to make your dive expedition/trip unique and successful. We are happy to welcome all kinds of divers regardless the certification level, OC,CCR, Adv. Trimix not a problem. We are here for you ! We we are gearing up to take you to the parts of Bonaire that are still to be discover!
Our website: masterydiving.com

Berndo, we are happy to support fills, rentals and any other logistical need. Education and taking people to complete new areas is part of our goal as well, but is not the only one.
Thanks Mr. G. We were actually going to swing by your shop this week and say hello, but we were very busy diving.
Thanks for the explanation of what services you offer. I assumed that you were still providing services from fills, rental and instruction to project coordination. The website is nice and informational, but it may be a good idea to have a section explaining what you offer. I had asked a couple of GUE friends in Florida, but they also weren't sure if you only supported your students and projects. I had already set up everything with TDS before Kirill gave the details. We will definitely be back to see you in the future.

Just a follow up to my trip (returned home last night). TDS was great to deal with. They answered emails promptly and everything was waiting for us when we arrived. They had everything we needed and were also able to help with some issues we had. One issue was a stuck hose which I have never experienced before. My apeks reg blew a hp seat again and when I went to move the inflation hose to another reg I couldn't get it to budge off at all. I assumed it was the cheaper quality tools I took on the trip (travel set I don't mind losing). So I went to TDS. One instructor tried and tried and couldn't get it off either. FInally Zack the owner was able to get it off with channel locks and a hell of a lot of force and sweat. Both instructors took time out of their classes to help us (with the approval of their students of course). I've never seen a hose stuck like that and it had only been installed on that first stage for a month. They sent us out with 3 sets of 3L tanks to make it easier to change them out when they got empty, but only charged us for the rental of 1 set for the week since it was mainly for everyone's convenience. Whenever we swung by for something someone was always there to help us. I was more than pleased with their customer service.
So now I can recommend both TDS and Mr G's shop (read above) for technical and rebreather support on Bonaire. As I said before I've also had excpetional customer service from Mr G in the past as well. Only issue I ever had was with the general Buddy's main shop staff, but that in no way should reflect on Mr G or his new shop.

Thanks Mr. G. We were actually going to swing by your shop this week and say hello, but we were very busy diving.
Thanks for the explanation of what services you offer. I assumed that you were still providing services from fills, rental and instruction to project coordination. The website is nice and informational, but it may be a good idea to have a section explaining what you offer. I had asked a couple of GUE friends in Florida, but they also weren't sure if you only supported your students and projects. I had already set up everything with TDS before Kirill gave the details. We will definitely be back to see you in the future.
Ahh no problem and thanks for the nice suggestions. Hope you had a great trip and maybe see you in the future. All the best !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom