Recommend a technical diving instructor in the Houston TX area?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Been a while since a post, I'm also seeking a technical diving instructor in the Houston area. My main interests are Wreck penetration, decompression, possibly rebreather. My training level currenlty is AOW and Nitrox. These are the instructors I'm looking into:

Eric Keibler (Oceanic Ventures)
Carl Griffing (Maximum Scuba)
Tom Anderson (Island Divers Galveston)
Henry Lo (Pro Scuba)

Any suggestions? Feedback on the above instructors? Other instructors you'd recommend? Thanks in advance for any input.

We know you are seeking a technical instructor, did you forget this is your thread? You are the OP.

Something to think about is that the Spree is doing a wreck trip in July with ScubaBoard members. It is a recreational as well as AN/DP trip, and Jim Wyatt (cave training director for Divers Direct) will be on teaching advanced wreck pen. You might seek him out and find out what the prereq's are and see if you meet them. It's a way to get 4 days of great wreck diving and get your wreck pen class too.

Anyway, I still recommend Carl and Eric. Tom recently moved to Hawaii to take care of his elderly parents, and I'm not a fan of Henry. His customers are fiercely loyal, so he's doing something right....

I'll put my vote in for Eric Keibler at Oceanic Venture. I did his intro trimix, deep and peak buoyancy class, really a mix of IANTD and PSAI classes. Highly recommend Eric as a teacher. He will definitely make you earn the certification and not just hand it out after you pay the fee.

Also, Oceanic Ventures is not just Eric, they have lots of good instructors. The best of the other instructors I think is Alex Whitschey. I took equipment, dry suit and rescue diver from him--very good classes.

Hope this helps your decision.

We know you are seeking a technical instructor, did you forget this is your thread? You are the OP.

Well, it has been four years...

:d

Well, it has been four years...

:d

LOL...exactly. Yeah...I forgot I was the OP. Thanks everyone for the input. I think I will be stopping by Oceanic Ventures this week.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom