Recommendation - 3-4 days

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

belizeit

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello All-

Looking for a recommendation for a dive to take my dad for his 60th birthday. We are both pretty limited on time because of work, so it will likely be a long weekend (2-3 days of diving) flying out of New York. Likely will be looking to go in May or November-December.

I know the Caymans and Turks are always a great options, but I was also wondering if there were any kind of "event driven" dives that people could recommend. For example, I'm looking into Placencia in May for the opportunity to see whale sharks. Any color on whether we could make that trip with our tight schedule would be appreciated.

Open to anything, all suggestions welcome for a great 4 day trip.

Try Key Largo in May. The weather should be nice. The diving is very good. You can stay either upscale or 1950's-ish downscale. You can get there easily with a minimum of hassle. A 4 day long weekend is basically 2 days of diving and 2 of travel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom