Recommendation for cave course in mexico?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did a week of guided diving with Rob and Toro when I was there in April. Toro was funny. He posted on his Facebook page that he had this "over 65" guy as a client. Nando saw it and figured right away I was in town, so he stopped by to visit on my last day.

I did week of guided diving with Rob and Toro when I was there in April. Toro was funny. He posted on his Facebook page that he had this "over 65" guy as a client. Nando saw it and figured right away I was in town, so he stopped by to visit on my last day.

Toro's a great guy and an excellent diver. Very helpful and he's the first one I recommend when people ask about a guide.

I did Cavern / Intro Cave in sidemount with Nicolas Casella fro CenoteXperience last winter. Very thorough, very patient, excellent communication. My buddy and I needed a sixth day to complete all skills to his satisfaction, but I think the extra day was very much worth it. I will hopefully soon do Full Cave with him.

I'm considering doing the same thing T Dub, cave class in Mx, and no way I'd spend the time/money without taking Fundies first. I was PADI through Rescue/Deep/Wreck and thought I was a decent, but not good or great diver, until I got my ass kicked in Fundies.

I'm considering doing the same thing T Dub, cave class in Mx, and no way I'd spend the time/money without taking Fundies first. I was PADI through Rescue/Deep/Wreck and thought I was a decent, but not good or great diver, until I got my ass kicked in Fundies.

Agreed, definitely checkout the UTD essentials class from Harvey, it'll let you know where you are as a diver and where you have to go without spending big $$$$ to go to Mexico and find out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the comments guys. I'm certainly not taking anything in a disparaging fashion. I understand the limitations of PADI, I saw the people who were in my courses, and they all passed. Haha.

I'm going to see what work I can get done over the summer to get into the best shape I can for cavern and intro.

Thanks for the tips everyone. Seems like cavern and intro would be the way to go. It'll just be me and my dive buddy, no worries about spouses.
If it's just you and your bud, then I'll push ProtecPlaya again. You can stay at Moms Hotel right beside the shop (cheap). You're walking distance from 5th Ave and some nightlife. You can walk to the beach. And you're just a block and a half from El Fagon and all of its awesome food! Everything is pretty convenient.

Decompression's suggestion to take the UTD essentials course for pre-game training is a good idea, even if you don't continue down the UTD route. Any course that concentrates on the essential would be. Or book Protec for two days of essentials training before your actual Cavern/Intro courses.

Thanks for that! Info about the area is appreciated as well!

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom