Recommendation for dive operator in Bali?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I spent 2 months diving around Bali earlier this year, and can say that I would 100% agree with @Luco... I had the best diving at Liberty Dive centre in Tulamben, and I also had Uji as my dive guide. He was excellent.

Tulamben is in the North, about 5hrs ($50) in a taxi from the airport.

You will get 1:1 diving with a guide (NB a GUIDE, not a DM or Instructor) at Liberty - and there are many different types of dives, so you can start off shallow for the first couple of dives if she's not dived in a while. There is PLENTY to see in Tulamben at 5m :)

@richdrogpa If you're only going to be in the North/East part of Bali for 2 or 3 days - stick to Tulamben. Amed has some great dive sites, and is better above water (much more to do, many more restaurants and bars), but if you're only there for the diving, go to Tulamben.

Another vote for liberty dive at Tulamben. They tried to screw us a teeny bit on the price of a private car to Ubud afterward, but other than that were first rate.

At Sanur, Bali Scuba (and Mark as an instructor in particular) were an absolute pleasure to deal with. Excellent ratios of DMs / instructors to divers and a professional and thorough operator.

Hello,
I am agree, Tulamben is a very good dive site !!! Tulamben is only 2 hours from the Denpasar 's airport !
In Tulamben, the good thing is you can dive, in one of the most beautifull wreck, from the beach only. Easy, but nice dive sites !!!
We (Baruna dive center) dive every day in Tulamben and we always have good surprises ...
The only thing is it can be very busy in July and Agust ! It's why we go diving very early during this period, to be the first in the water.
Map-dive-site3.gif
Come dive with us !!! @ www.divebali.fr

Hi there

I can highly recommend Tauch Tulamben in Tulamben , as a lovely place to stay and for proximity to the wreck and some lovely sites.

For Lembongan , World Diving is fantastic. Lembongan is a lovely little island , my husband and I liked it so much that we are hoping to go back next year and plan on spending our whole trip ( 9 to 11 diving days) there and nowhere else. I know that the Liberty Wreck is fantastic and that Bali is extremely beautiful , but it seems to take ages to get anywhere and the traffic is awful. Lembongan, for us, has it all...lovely beaches, almost no traffic, a very authentic and active Balinese culture, fantastic reefs and a very high chance of seeing exciting big things like mantas and mola molas. The owners of World Diving and all the staff are so warm and friendly that it feels like home.

However we are reasonably experienced divers and as a couple we are now almost completely self-sufficient under water.

Whatever you decide , the diving in Indonesia is truly fantastic and you will have a wonderful time.

Back
Top Bottom