Recommendations for Dive Computers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wildmtn:
Sherwood Wisdom, my first and only dive computer! I love it!!!

What do you think of the software that comes with the Sherwood Wisdom?
How does it look and more importantly how does it work? I'm a little skeptical because there is not place to download updates for the Wisdom? I love the computer, but I also want to know that they are working on making great software too. I.E. on the Suunto site you can download the program and updates for free....I'm still thinking about both:)

I dive with the Aeris AI and my husband has the Datamax Pro Plus 2. We both really like the ease of use of our computers and the features they offer. The computer program is kinda lame, but there's enough information on the screen to see what you did and when, etc. You can also add notes about the dive and turn it into a dive log if you want.

Thanks for everyone's opinion. Looks like everyone has a favorite and all the major brands have been covered in this thread. Between now and July (Cozumel) I plan to do some lake and quarry diving and will rent several models along with the research into features, computer software, etc.

jcpol:
Thanks for everyone's opinion. Looks like everyone has a favorite and all the major brands have been covered in this thread. Between now and July (Cozumel) I plan to do some lake and quarry diving and will rent several models along with the research into features, computer software, etc.
You're right that everyone has their favourite brand and every brand has advocates. If you want to make an informed decision, do yourself a favour and download the manuals so you can read them. If you plan to use the software, download it as well. It takes a while, but you'll develop a familiarity with the features that are consistent as well as those that are different. You will probably start to develop a preference that way. After that, pick a few computers to dive with. Before you dive with a computer, read the manual in detail so you're familiar enough with it to be able to give its features a good work over. Once you do that for a few different types (I tried Mares, Dacor, Suunto and Apeks before I decided on the Apeks Quantum), you'll be able to make an informed decision. Have fun.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom