Recommendations: rechargeable light, primary, recreational, night

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, I just looked at the Archon D11V on Amazon and saw a review that said the light requires button top batteries. The Tenergy batteries I got from DGX are not button top (but are protected) and it looks like those Panasonic are not button top, either.

---------- Post added January 20th, 2015 at 03:33 PM ----------

Oh, and since I'm planning to have 2 lights and I only have 3 batteries (1 of which is the generic one that came with the DGX light), I figured I would get 2 more batteries, so I could at least do 2 dives in a row, using both lights, and be able to swap in between, using good quality batteries the whole time.

For a dive light my favorite is the XTAR d06
D06 L2 U2 You can buy them on Ebay for about $70. They fit into an oxycheq light sock.

I like this light a lot, and used it as a primary for some time. I have the slightly older one with the T6 led and I know lots of divers who use it as their primary light here in BC where the vis is often murky. It is advertised as being around 800lm but in my experience it is just as bright as a couple of popular "1000lm" lights. I've switched to a brighter, bulkier primary, but I still take my xtar as a backup.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom