Recommended dive op in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pipehorses are Jeremy's specialty at finding (Living Underwater). He seems to find them on just about every dive. I have so many photos of them now that I usually just go "Uh-huh" when he points them out.

Liang at Aldora was a phenomenal critter spotter (and is a stellar DM) for us last June, including spotting multiple pipe horses, which are damn hard to spot.

Ok I resisted as long as I could. Scuba with Alison might meet your needs. She is very good with a mix experience levels. She is great at finding you what you would like to see. Very safety conscious but loads of fun. She might do three dives a day. She usually does just the two tank morning dive.

Do you want the option for 120 cf steel tanks for the extra gas?

Do you want to stay in town, or at an A.I. resort farther out, or does that matter?

I'm told there's some limited shore diving by Scuba Club Cozumel and Hotel Cozumel. Does that matter to you?

Richard.

Aldora will find you giant killer squids, mermaids and manatees.

Aldora will find you giant killer squids, mermaids and manatees.

But they group by experience right, so that's two boats? Only the experience divers on the experienced boat get to see the killer squids and mermaids. The newbies get issued a head of lettuce and a manatee....

Second that for Jose at BA .... spotted a pipe fish 30 feet away - Norman is getting pretty good also ( dove with them both in June and it was fun watching them to see who could out-do one another ) Awesome dive op and the shore dives at the resort are pretty good for small stuff.

I have dove Papa Hogs when travelling to Cozumel - can't say enough about them. We normally say at the Villa Blanca across the street, and then walk our gear over in the morning. Dive Masters are fantastic, small boats, and will take you were you want to go, assuming the dive conditions are safe
I wouldn't dive with Papa Hogs ever again. No service, small decrepit boats, inattentive staff. Papa Hogs is made for the back pack crowd. Read my review on the Scuba Toys forum under [h=1]Thinking about going to COZ in maybe next week or two.[/h]I feel the same way about VillaBlanca. There are cheaper and better hotels to be found.

---------- Post added August 19th, 2014 at 07:06 PM ----------

Check out Casa Del Mar Hotel and the dive op across the street. Good clean rooms reasonable, great bar, good restaurant and the dive op Del Mar Aquatics, it doesn't get any better. They will spoil you. I have stayed most places on COZ from the Cozumel Palace at $600 a night to the budget hotel for $55 a night. I was in COZ twice in the month of august and stayed at VillaBlanca...will never go back. Ended up at Casa Del Mar.

But they group by experience right, so that's two boats? Only the experience divers on the experienced boat get to see the killer squids and mermaids. The newbies get issued a head of lettuce and a manatee....

A manatee? And a steel tank for extra bottom time? Sign me up for Aldora!

If you ever have a chance to swim with manatees, especially babies....do it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom