Recommended Dive Operator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Deep Blue has always taken great care of us over the years and they use only smaller fast boats. I've also heard a lot of good things about Blue XTSea. Most operations on the island will take you on a great dive though.

Just got back tonight. Had a great time, Fast boats. Nice SI on the beach, with fruit and baked goods. The weather could of been better but it was still great diving. Divemasters were all very fun. Great people and great food!!!

Maybe a little late, but if anyone else comes across this thread in the future....

My wife and I dove with Blue Angel in COZ last May. we'll most likely dive with them again later this month... small boat.. about 10 divers and 3 of them were with a "tour" from Japan and had their own DM.

lots of preaty fish and an amazing substance I think they call "water" .. not sure though. it tasted a little salty. :D

We Dive with Martin. They have a shop right on the International pier where the cruise ships come in. So, I would think you could just get off the boat and walk right to the shop in about five minutes. They have small boats and reasonable prices.

I second the Dive with Martin vote. We dove with them over Christmas and they were fabulous! Our DM was Miguel, and he was the best DM we've ever experienced. On our last day David was our DM, and I would also recommend him. We were a group of 6 and paid a little extra to have the boat to ourselves and it was fantastic!

Scuba with Allison! Diving with her is as good as you get! Terrific time with her. You will not be disappointed.

My wife and I got back from our trip to Coz Jan 3-10 2009.

We enjoyed our week in Cozumel in spite of the fact that the airline (skyservices) lost my wife's luggage which arrived 3 days late. We stayed, all inclusive, at the Holiday Village White Sands. Dive Palancar is onsite and the reefs are a 10 min boat ride away, very convenient. The boats are comfortable and clean. They come back to the dock after each dive and schedule 4 dives per day, deep -> shallow morning and deep -> shallow afternoon. I wasn't overly impressed with their safety however. On one dive they sent one diver up alone after he had sucked his tank dry in 20 min. My wife wasn't with me on that dive and I said that I didn't have a buddy and the dive master replied, "Photographers don't need buddies; your camera is your buddy".

On one dive the dive master asked if anyone used air fast and this guy said "I do" so the dive master paired him with the guy's wife and told him "relax and breath slow, OK?" at 15 min into the dive this guy is having trouble with his bouyency control, is swimming vertically, and is caught against a vertical coral wall. His wife is 15 ft away, the dive master 20. I pulled him off the wall and down, air streaming from him like a locomotive at full steam 1 min later he was out of air and the dive master was beside him and sent him up with his wife. At the end of my dive, back on the boat, he showed me his pressure gauge = 0 psi and said, "That's it I am never going to dive again, I was really scared" The dive master said "Naw just do some shallow dives".

All our dives were drift dives.

Diving was interesting. The deep dives 80-90 feet took us through the coral reef which was full of wide tunnels and canyons. The shallows 40-60 ft were along the edge of the drop and provided lots of photo opportunities. We did one dive at Punta Sur about 120 ft (38.7m on my computer). The policy on their web page indicated that computers are mandatory for deeper dives". Two of the divers said they didn't have one and the dive master just said "stay above me then". My computer was down to 0 min no decompression time at one point in the dive.

I would not recommend novice divers go out with this crew but my wife and I with 60 dives each were comfortable at all times.

We dive for a week in the spring and 10 days in the fall in Cozumel. DivewithAlison.com is the way to go. She is great and has two small boats. Your dive is not a big cattle call and she is great with beginners to experienced divers. I have tried other dive shops. Alison makes the experience personal! The pastries and fruit in between dives is just a bonus.

I highly recommend Living Underwater. They always rate at the top of the list on UnderCurrent. I dove with Aldora ( a very good operator) for 2 days over Thanksgiving because Living Underwater was booked up. No comparison..Living Underwater winner. 120's, small groups (4 or less all week) the very best dive guides, H2O, juice fruit, cookies, warm parkas and dry towels, beach cantina dive break, pick up at your hotel dock, they store your gear and rinse everyday, flexible schedule. If you are looking for knowledeable divemaster/guides, lots of bottom time, small groups this is the place. Hands Down! (9 trips to CZ since '85)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom