Recouped from West Palm Dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seaangel

Reaction score
Well, I am still a little tired from the exciting weekend of diving that I had in West Palm Beach FL. We met at the dive shop and drove from there to West Palm Friday night. Slept about 5 hours and then went to meet our boat. We dove on the Rampage with Captain Bob. Saturday mid day we did a two tank dive, the water had some really good size swells, but visibilty was pretty good. Saw some puffer fish, angel fish and a ray on that dive. While getting back on board, this was my first time climbing onto a dive platform and the swells really got to me when I was on my knees, I kinda got seasick. During the surface interval I took more dramamine (non-drowsy) and was real glad to get back in the water. I felt much better from there on out. After our dive we went back to shore had lunch and rested then went back to the boat for a night dive. That was awesome, my first. The fish and our dive lights all over the water was quite a site. We all had marker lights on our tanks, glow sticks or like mine a lazer stick flasher. This made us quite locatable as a group. My dive group from our shop like to get the most bottom time, who doesn't so they are a bit unconventionable, those who have the larger tanks and have really good air consumption all share air with those that run down to 1000psi first, this extends the dive for everyone. We all also use computers to help with dive profiles that will extend the time. I thought this would be a bit frightening to me but it wasn't and I found it really a great experience. Sunday we did a two tank dives in the morning, took a break for lunch, rest and time to refill the tanks. Late afternoon and twillite did another two dives. Now when I entered the water for the next to last dive my tank strap came open and my tank was not held on. My buddy signalled to me that I needed to go up, so we surfaced and found the strap loose and no ring for the clamp to hook on the tank. I signalled the boat for pickup and after we found an old BC for me to borrow he dropped us back down with the rest of our group. We finished out the dive and I am really glad as there were so many fish, sea fans and coral formations at that reef for me to take photos of. Our last dive was at dusk and was it awesome, I saw a school of Cuddlefish and a beautiful French Angel fish. I really hope that my pictures turn out. I wish we were going back there this year but our next trip won't be until Memorial Weekend next year. I definetly will be there.

My next dive trip is in October to Key West, FL. That used to be my home. I did not dive when I was growing up there so now I am going to finally get to. I also, might get to go to the Bahamas in November, plans are tentative as I am not sure how my work will be as I am having a staffing crunch right now. For now I will dream and plan.

Bottoms Up....Bubbles Up!!!!
Cindy

Cindy,
Thanks for the report! Always helps to read them, while I wait for my turn to go, in 31 more days.
Funny how we live from dive trip, to dive trip, isn't it?
Hope some day we can dive together.
:sunny:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom