red backplate from xdeep

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As much as I like my gear looking new I also like some battle scars, adds character and shows that I do actually dive. I'm a bit OCD and baby my gear until the first scratch, then I get over it, relax and just enjoy the diving. The first scratch, dent, chip is always the hardest lol...

yeah Im starting out but im the same in all my hobbies, I pretty much take care of my stuff and try to get as best as I can afford, plus it retains its value when trading or selling. :D

180.00 al plate is not going to retain that value. Used I'd guess you'd see $50.00. Maybe 65 if you paid the shipping. Think that's bad. Try getting more than half the value out of a used jacket BC. More like 25-40% if it's even touched water once.

I've got one of the red HOG ones, I use it on my travel gear. Cost like $60 on sale one day. The red does scratch away in areas of constant rubbing - where my can light sits for instance, but most of the plate is fine. Gets lots of comments on the boat.

I have the same plate. Yeah, the red does get rub array. The red power coat doesn't seem as tough as hard anodize. However, I like the red a lot, a little scratch shows some character

Back
Top Bottom