Red Sea Turtles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Really nice pics, Andy. Can't get enough of those turtles.

alcina:
Fixed the tags for you :wink:

Lovely turtles!!

When putting the photos in, make sure to use the little box with the mountain (2nd from left) in the tool bar above and not the globe with the link, that's just for text.

Thanks for fixing the links - much appreciated . Dunno what went wrong , I did use the mountain icon. I will post some more later using calypsonics method .

AndyT:
Thanks for fixing the links - much appreciated . Dunno what went wrong , I did use the mountain icon. I will post some more later using calypsonics method .
If I remember correctly, you were using Flickr. When you get a properties url from that website, you have to click on the photo first so that one is the only one showing. You can't get the correct properties url from your album page where more than one photo is showing. I learned that one by doing the same thing you did. At least, I think that's what you did. :D

Ok so I first read the caption and I thought I didnt know turtles come in red :D I love turtles and those are some cute pics. Nice close up shots.

Stacy

fairybasslet:
If I remember correctly, you were using Flickr. When you get a properties url from that website, you have to click on the photo first so that one is the only one showing. You can't get the correct properties url from your album page where more than one photo is showing. I learned that one by doing the same thing you did. At least, I think that's what you did. :D

You don't have to go as far as clicking the different sizes for the picture to get the URL. You can right click on the picture on your main Flickr! page and - for Windows you go to "Properties" on the menu . This will show you the url, something like this: (- for Mac you choose "Copy Image address" directly from the menu after right clicking)

http://static.flickr.com/115/285581551_fc0ff98ab6_m.jpg

That will point people to the medium sized version that Flickr! created. If you want to point people to the full sized version all you have to do is delete the "_m" part to look like this:

http://static.flickr.com/115/285581551_fc0ff98ab6.jpg

Last step is to add
after the url and the image will appear in your post.

HTH
Nick

Love the turtles, they look at us with such patience and wisdom, wonder what they are thinking?

mislav:
Excellent pics, Andy! Where have you been on the Red Sea?

We boarded at a place called Hamata , just south of Marsa Alam . We then went further south to St Johns and worked our way north to Hurghada. Last dives were at Abu Nuhas on the wrecks of the Giannis D and the Carnatic.

Back
Top Bottom