Info Ship sunk in the Red Sea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The owners couldn’t be happier.

At least no lives lost.

Hopefully they can get the fuel oil and the fertilizer cargo off.

Nobody in the geography wants in in their harbour ports. The US is willing to tow it to wherever it will be accepted for offloading and cleanup. So… is this going to impact marine life and diving in the Red Sea?

I would say that towing is no longer an option...
The article says "A ship attacked by Yemen's Houthi rebels has sunk in the Red Sea" ans "Additional satellite images taken Saturday by Planet Labs PBC of the area the Rubymar had been in recent days no longer showed the vessel."

South African government relishing the thought of all these ships having to detour around Cape Town. Maybe this is their real reason for their intervention into the ME :wink:

doubt supplying replenishment really moves the needle much for SA. the real loser is egypt who is missing out on those suez transit fees.

doubt supplying replenishment really moves the needle much for SA. the real loser is egypt who is missing out on those suez transit fees.
I’m kidding. There’s very little that the SA government does that makes any economic sense anyway these days unless you count a superb method of corrupting most major industries.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom