Reef Culb Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Luv2dive

Reaction score
Has anyone stayed at the Reef Club recently? I'm thinking about booking a trip with my husband and two teenagers end of May. I read on a web site that there was a fire at one of the restaurants in March. Has repairs been made? I have never stayed at the Reef Club and would love some insight.

I will be there from May 16-19th. I will post when I come back about the current condiditons. From what I have read prior to booking, the main buffet is still open. I think they have cleaned up the place, but due to the fire, they are offering discounts to get bookings again. The location is on the south end of the island, but for me that is OK, I will be diving a lot with my son and we will only go into town one evening to eat at my favorite place one block behind the main square at "Casa Dennis."

dnhill

We stayed at the Reef club for a week in April. Everything was excellent. The italian restraunt has been re opened at the time share restraunt location on the north side of the complex. All the food was good.

The rooms were very clean, everything worked and the staff was very helpful.
STAY AWAY FROM TIME SHARE PEOPLE AT AIRPORT- HORROR STORIES

I would be happy to answer any specific questions you might have; write me at Rramsey7@austin.rr.com

Stayed at the Reef Club last July. My favorite vacation to date. We did the all incusive plan and the off the menu lunches were great. The buffets were average and of course the diving was to die for.
Try the seafood ravioli for lunch and be sure to e-mail the dive house and let them know your dive plans. They do not overcroud their boats and often turn divers away on the popular morning dives, but they will hold you a place if you e-mail them.
This July I'm trying Playa del Carmen, if any one has a favorite dive op there let me know.
steve

The restuarant that was the site of the fire & center of the damage should be in full use begininning June 1st. As of now, they are using the Vista la Mar as the Italian restuarant sit down & it's open to all guests. As soon as the other one is repaired Vista la Mar will be returned for use only by Reef Regency members & suite occupants.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

My wife just brought to my attention we stayed at the Fiesta in Cozumel and are preparing to stay at the Reef Club in Playa. Sorry about the mix up
Steve
:froggy: :froggy:

Just back from there today. Accomodations were nice. We stayed at the Iberostar in July and it was much nicer. The food was so-so in my opinion. Last night my son ate the squid and felt bad most of the night and on the flight back. There were 4 other people sitting by us on the plane that also got sick after eating at the buffett last night at Reef Club. I did not have the seafood and did not have a problem. I did not use their dive op there. I used Living Underwater and had the best service I have ever had.
We also had a problem with the bathroom not working on Sunday morning. We reported it at 7:30am, 1:30pm, and I went to the front desk and said I was not leaving until they sent someone to the room to fix it. They did take care of it then.

dnhill

Has anyone stayed in one of their junior suites? My wife and I have one booked in June. I was wondering if they were worth the upgrade. Thanks.

Well, I booked the Reef Club and we will be leaving in 5 days! I'm hoping all will be fine! I know the diving will be! I'll check out the jr. suites and let you know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom