Reef Panorama Photo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Olympus cameras have the panorama option...would it work with that?
I've tried it above, and it worked great:

Image by justleesa (Copyright) posted at ScubaGallery

Way cool.

Heyyyyyy... now that's a kewl thing...
Is there a simple way of doing that... simple is relative?
as in Photoshop? or if I recall there's a "Stitch" program floating around there somewhere??
Great photo, anything other than shooting 2-4 photos of the area in a pan and then trying to stitch (the hard part) them together??

and also I guess you could stitch to the top/bottom also eh??

thanx..

Thanks for the nice words folks.

In answer to a couple of your inquiries about easy ways to do it, yes, there are. Photoshop has Photomerge, Nikon software has a really deep pano functionality. They work pretty well with some images too. And if you don't have a lot of experience with photocomping, they definitely make sense. It's just to me, by the time I fiddled with the automatic software stuff and waited for the computer to do it's handy work to see the results, I found I prefer the old fashioned metod - at least for high resolution stuff. Plus it just appeals more to my illustration background to get in and do it myself. I feel more "painterly" :eyebrow: :wink:

Here's another i did by hand to create a "mythical" place that would exist if you could take the island of Tahiti and plop it down in the middle of the laggoon at Rangiroa atol. I could not do this image with Pano-software because there are no common parts to any of the photos I used, thus no way to match like things up for the computer to do it's work:
rangi_pano_small.jpg

Other than a slight shift in the blue sky above the sailboat on the right, and another at the beginning of the mountain, I'd never believe this was a composite. Very well done!

I'm still confused about how you did it 'by hand'.

taken in belize last may, 8 frames of 35mm film with a 20mm lens (portrait), yeah-its not a good lens choice, but its what I had at the moment. Also, no tripod. It covers about 200°

orig image is 9000x2700 pixels, resized here to 2000 wide.

Cool shot but glad I didn't try to view on my 10.4" laptop screen! I guess I would be giving my age away if I told you Ebo was our DM when we stayed at the Hotel Bonaire in 72.

Great shot, I love it!

awesome pics.

i've thought of doing something similar with
some of the deep dark wrecks around here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom